Q. Developed with nodular acne on my left cheek. Is this prescription effective?

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Nodular Acne or Acne? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a male, 24 years old.

I have recently developed with nodular acne on my left cheek and visited a dermatologist. The doctor has prescribed the following for 15 days for pimples:

• Rejuglow face wash gel.
  • Nilac ointment (twice daily).
  • Minoz 50 tablet (once daily).

He has asked me to come after 15 days for prescription of scars; once pimples are eliminated.

Are the prescription mentioned above effective? How many days and what ointment/face wash gel/home remedy is effective in reducing the scar faster? (he has told it takes 3 months)

Give a second opinion.