Q. I have acne marks due to pimples during periods. What has to be done?

Dr. Shanza Ikram

I am 24 years old and I have a combination skin type. I have minimal breakouts basically during my periods but these pimples leave a lot of marks. Please suggest me a tablet or a treatment on how to remove these marks. Also, I do not want to take any medicines containing steroids or apply any cream having steroids. Please help. Also, please tell me what to do to make my skin better? Not only my faces but also my body.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

I have gone through your case. First, you need to understand acne is common and you may experience frequent exacerbation due to stress or periods as you already told. Moreover, steroids should never be used in acne skin. In fact, this aggravates acne. Please apply Clindamycin gel two times a day on pimples. Apply Vitamin C serum on dark lesion for three months twice daily. Use Cetaphil cleanser.

| 

Which Vitamin C serum should I use? Also, my skin tends to get dry during winter. So, I apply Vitamin E tablets liquid with some bio-oil. So, it is right. Also, it would be really great if you could suggest me a day SPF cream and a really good night cream to go along with the Vitamin C serum.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

In my opinion, you should apply Neutrogena sunblock SPF 30 only. It is good for acne prone skin. When your skin gets dry, use a very little amount of any lotion and that too first apply on your palms and then gently rub on your face. If you take too much you will have acne. You can use any Vitamin C cream or serum, these are easily available.

| 

But, I just have a query that will the Vitamin C serum oxidize? Do I have to take any extra care as such?

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

Yes, it is right that Vitamin C creams or serums get oxidized easily. Keep it away from sunlight.

|