Q. I am a football player. Will masturbation affect my stamina and strength in legs?

Dr. Saurabh Pandey

I am 15 years old. I am a football player, and I masturbate twice in a month or sometimes once. Does masturbation cause loss of strength in my legs and stamina?

Dr. Saurabh Pandey

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

This is a very controversial topic you have asked. So I am going to share some research backed information that will help you solve your doubt.

In ancient times, abstinence was considered the best method to ensure athletic performance and communion between body and spirit. Roman, Greek and Indian scholars believed that great sacrifices could sustain success. This is probably the main reason why many coaches support the importance of sexual abstinence before a sports competition. They believe that ejaculation draws testosterone away from the body reducing aggression and muscle strength. This is the main reason behind leg weakness and decreased stamina.

The role of sexual activity on sports performance has not anyway been examined in a scientific fashion, using a rigorous, reproducible approach, and few studies have been specifically dedicated to this matter up to now.

But masturbation can have a negative influence on athletic results because of excess energy expenditure. As I said, there are very few clinical trials are done to prove this point in today's literature, while ancient literature has clearly mentioned the negative impact masturbation has on health.

|