Q. I am suffering from extreme muscle weakness. What may be the reason?

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Published on May 01, 2017

• My age is 25 years. My height is 5'10" and I weight 78 kg.
  • I am suffering from muscle twitches and extreme muscle weakness and muscle pain from last one month.
  • I went to a neurologist and he says reflexes are normal and asked me not to worry and he put me on tablet Remylin-D.
  • I am currently having that tablet, but no improvement is seen.
  • I am very weak, my heart palpitates by lightest exertion.
  • I have a history of masturbation from adolescence and having excessive nightfall problem.
  • One more symptom is that I have not developed significant moustache and beard.
  • My MRI brain, EEG, sugar, blood pressure, sonography of stomach are all normal.
  • Is it due to testosterone hormone deficiency? (I searched it on internet and found that) 
  • Is it due to over masturbation?
  • What may be the reason of my muscle weakness which no doctor is able to diagnose?
  • I have no energy left and I am not able to think what to do as it is seriously affecting my life.
  • Sometimes suicidal thoughts come in my mind due to my problem.Kindly help.

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrics Hematology Pathology
#

Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:

• Muscle twitches, muscle weakness and muscle pain since one month could be due to calcium deficiency. Has serum calcium level been evaluated?
  • Associated dehydration along with anemia requires evaluation.
  • At least 6-8 liters of water/day needs to be taken.
  • Hemoglobin should be more than 13 g/dL. This could be causing weakness and palpitations, even on light exertion.
  • Sleep management needs to be done. Sleep for at least for 6-8 hours a day.
  • Masturbation is not known to affect any hormones.
  • Over masturbation could only lead to anxiety, or stress as it affects the normal routine.
  • Masturbation, as such, does not cause muscle weakness. Associated low protein diet, reduced exercises, dehydration, loss of sleep, all could have contributed to your muscle weakness.
  • Testosterone is necessary for development of facial hair. However, it is also necessary for normal well being, which based on your height and weight is normal. In many people, facial hair can be less and is possibly due to genetic inheritance. Somebody in the family, two generations apart might have had. You need not worry about this.
  • Internet contains numerous theories for everything. Every one puts up his/her own theory. Do not get misguided by it. Try take only the good from it.
  • In adolescents and still further, nightfall and masturbation are very common. It is normally seen. If it is affecting your usual life, you can take professional counseling. If not, it can be safely ignored. 
  • You are going through a stressful period and at this age, suicidal thoughts can be present. If suicidal thoughts are severe, you will need professional help.
  • At present, you are going through a malnutritional phase. Improving protein rich diet with calcium supplements and good hydration is essential. Time management involving sleep and moderate exercises is necessary.
  • Do get a test for hemoglobin and serum calcium done.

Revert back with the reports to a general practitioner online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

Why does my penis go flaccid right before ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor bike accident four years back. A couple of days later, I realized that I was not getting erections. I consulted a urologist and was diagnosed with ED and was administered medicine (in sachets) to be emptied into a glass of water and consumed. That brought back interest in...  Read Full »

How to identify the reason for palpitations?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from heart palpitations. Also, I have occasional breathlessness. For a while, I used Propranolol. But, it did not work. So, the doctor asked me to do a thyroid test and the result was normal. I do not know what to do. Please help  Read Full »

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now