Q. My 7 year old son always gets a few drops of urine on his pants. What to do?

Dr. Raja Ramesh

I would like to consult about my son, who has got a urinary problem: He is 7 years old. He got circumcised when he was about 1 year of age. It has been almost a year when we observed that he always get a few drops on his pants. It is just a drop of urine or few, but very smelly. For your notice, he does not feel any pain when passes urine. I took him to urologist many times who prescribed antibiotic for urine infection as the analysis show. It helped for one or two weeks, and then the smell appears again. I need your help. I am worried if the case might get worse, then what to do? Your assistance and guidance will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

#

• There is a possibility that your son may be suffering from meatal stenosis, a commonly known complication of circumcision.
  • Urinary dribbling around the glans can occur post circumcision. It might be the reason for soakage of undergarments with a foul smell. Proper cleaning of the penis after passing urine can prevent it.
  • Just observe his urinary stream. If it is like a thin thread or splayed, then it is probably meatal stenosis. It can be easily treated by an outpatient procedure called meatotomy.
  • A worst case would be the formation of urethral diverticulum. It is usually a congenital condition, easily missed during a physical examination. Retrograde urethrography and MCU (micturating cysto-urethrogram) can help to diagnose this. It needs major surgery for correction.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|