Q. I am having small black spots on my toenail. Does it indicate melanoma?

Answered by Dr. Payal Chauhan and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Melanoma or Toenail Fungus? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 21 years old. Today I noticed a small black spot on my toenail, I did a little research and found out that it might be a melanoma cancer, but also it could be a fungus infection. After a bit more research, I noticed that an unusual cystic pimple between my chest that I have had for two months now might also sign of melanoma. I spend little to no time in the sun. Do I have melanoma?

The black spot on my toenail might be because of the tight shoes I have been wearing lately, my toe also hurts a little bit from those shoes. The red pimple between my chest appeared five to six month ago, then disappeared and reappeared multiple times, I squeezed it, and blood and fluid came out of it.