Q. How does the brain respond to the menstrual cycle?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

What would be the fascinating thing that happens to our brain during the period? And how does the brain respond to a woman's menstrual cycle?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Before periods premenstrual syndrome is famous for the symptoms as due to hormonal effects, progesterone gives a feeling of fullness, heaviness, breast enlargement, mood variations, easily irritable behavior, pain, stress, anxiety, etc. But as soon periodic bleeding starts, it gives healthy relief to mood, anxiety, fullness, irritation, and all other temporary disorders that appear cyclically.

Although during the bleeding there is some restless feel as days pass it gives relief. Hormonal pressure also reduces during menses, but the irritative feeling remains with bleeding as soon as periods stop clean feel appear. Menses outflow reduces migraine and headaches as well as before menses some women feel it due to hormonal effects. After the stop of bleeding body look healthy and feeling comes like fresh and clean. The mood seems light and want to have recreational activities, outings, music, get-togethers, etc. So it is more fantastic mood after periods due to hormones and as well as a light feeling of cleanliness.

|