Metastasis

What is non-FDG avid in a PET scan of a breast cancer patient?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother had breast cancer 13 years back, and this year again she has been diagnosed with bone only metastasis as per the report. She is currently on Letrozole and Ibrance for the last five months. Initially there was bone pain near pelvic, and so did the ultrasound, in that it came mini...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding the new findings on CT PET Scan of your mother. She is having multiple bony metastases proven radiologically and pathologically. The generalized mesenteric and omental haziness with raised tumor markers Ca 125 / CEA, these finding...  Read Full »

Please advise treatment for stomach cancer metastases to six lymph nodes.

Query: Hello doctor, My father had surgery a month back for stomach cancer bleeding tumor and in the histopathological report after surgery showed that metastatic deposits of the tumor have been found in six lymph nodes. I request you to kindly advice what would be the best possible treatment in this scen...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As seen in your reports, your father had stomach cancer, which is stage III. He will definitely need further treatment to avoid recurrence of the tumor. Usually, treatment should be started within 6 to 8 weeks. He has two options: Only chemotherapy or Chemotherapy an...  Read Full »

Is chemotherapy advisable in fourth stage duodenal cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is having fourth stage (metastatic) duodenal cancer. Doctor did bypass surgery for having food and liquids. Now they told us that chemotherapy is risky and left the decision on us that we will do chemotherapy do or not. Please let me know how risky chemotherapy is.  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am extremely sorry to know what your father is suffering from. It is stage IV cancer. The only means to reduce and control the further spread of cancer is chemotherapy. Every medicine comes with a side effect so it does not mean you should not take it. Chemother...  Read Full »

Will polypoid nodular melanoma spread?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with polypoid malignant nodular melanoma with superficial spreading melanoma in the adjacent. Clark level 3, and 1.6 mm ulcerated. Would you be able to tell me if it being polypoid was more serious as I cannot find much information about it?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Polypoid melanoma is a subtype of nodular melanoma. It is the most aggressive type of nodular melanoma. So, yes, polypoid variant is more serious. In polypoid variant tumor growth occurs vertically that is why there is exophytic growth above the skin surface occurs...  Read Full »

Please explain my CT abdomen scan report.

Query: Hello doctor, My scan report reveals: The study reveals circumferential asymmetrical wall thickening of pyloric antrum of stomach extending upto first part of duodenum. The wall thickening is for a length of about 12 cm. Maximum wall thickness is about 1.8 cms in the posterior wall. There is a lum...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The report suggests that there is malignant (cancerous) growth in the stomach that has metastasized to gallbladder as well as spread to anastomotic (joining) site of stomach and jejunum. Omentum (fatty tissue around the stomach) is also involved. As compared to previous ...  Read Full »

Does the CT report show peritoneal metastasis?

Query: Hello doctor, Please can you look at this letter and report as they differ. We have been told the following are metastases which we agree with: 1 liver met, 1 aortocaval node, 1 sub pleural nodule. But the oncologist letter says possible peritoneal disease? Why did the CT report not state periton...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation at the moment. But you have to accept the facts about your patient. First thing is he has incurable disease, he has undergone a major surgery, in spite of treatment underlying disease is progressive, and most important the disease is w...  Read Full »

To identify the stage of cancer, is a PET scan necessary?

Query: Hi doctor, My query is regarding my relative who is suffering from carcinoma of cervix. I would kindly request you to advise us regarding the stage of cancer based on the biopsy, MRI and CT scan report which I have attached here for your reference. In her MRI report, there is a feature suggestive of...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to assure you that everything is going to be fine soon. I have thoroughly gone through your case and the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can well understand your genuine concerns.  Read Full »

How to treat diarrhea in a metastatic carcinoma patient?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is having metastatic carcinoma and went through radiotherapy. Now, she has got severe diarrhea, swelling in face and do not like to eat food. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Satya Narayan

Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First get clinical examinations done that includes vital parameters of patient such as blood pressure (BP), pulse, respiratory rate, etc. Required blood investigations such as complete blood count, renal function test, liver function test and electrolyte study...  Read Full »

My father is diagnosed with RCC. Kindly tell me it is benign or malignant?

Query: Hello doctor, My father, aged 70 years, lost five kg of weight in two to three months. Usg and CECT confirms a right renal mid-lower polar well defined large 11.3*10.6*12.0 cm soft tissue density homogeneously enhancing mass with internal regions of non-enhancement is observed with no obvious calci...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the report, it is renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and it requires further evaluation. In the treatment of RCC, first of all, surgery is needed to remove the tumor and if required the kidney too. Then after confirming the diagnosis on histopathology, chemotherapy, o...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for urethral cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 66 years now, had gone through a urethral stricture surgery 8 years ago. The treatment was done for his chronic problem of passing urine. Treatment by the doctor that time ended up in adopting an alternate route for passing urine, which is below the testicles. All was fi...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father has urethral carcinoma for which surgery is the best modality of treatment. He will need complete removal of the urethra and bladder, if necessary. It is a major surgery. If your father's health is fine, then he should be able to tolerate it. For further infor...  Read Full »