Q. My wife has been suffering from migraine and gastric irritation. What to do?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My wife is suffering from a migraine. I have consulted a neurosurgeon. He has given tablets Sibelium 10 mg, Topirol 25 mg, and Serenance. But, she is unable to take food. While drinking water also she is feeling gastric irritation. She is taking Omez D and Zofran syrup before meals for gas release, and after food, she is taking Enzyme syrup. But still, she is facing the problem of constipation and headache. While taking food, the headche increases. Eight years back, she had the same issue, and she had Topaz 25 mg at that time. Her urine, blood tests, and head scan are normal.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you.

• Her stomach irritation seems to be because of the migraine only. Let me brief you about the migraine and its treatment.
  • If you are suffering from migraine headaches, then you should be started on medicines for the prophylaxis of the migraine.
  • You have not mentioned the pattern of your wife's headache, as you have to be sure that a headache is due to migraine. So, I will brief you about the pattern of migraine headaches.
  • Migraine headaches are usually unilateral, associated with throbbing, vomiting sensations, irritability, and intolerance to lights and sounds. A person who has a migraine wants to sit in the dark and does not like anyone to speak.
  • Treatment given to her is fine, but my experience and recommendations say that either Sibelium (Flunarizine) or Topirol (Topiramate) should be given along with Amitriptyline (Tryptomer) and see the effects.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

| 

This is a sponsored video. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content/ad in the video.

Would fundoplication help gastritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been struggling with pressure under my ribs and tightness in my chest for 5 years. It is on and off, but mostly it gives me a hard time to come through. I feel hard to belch often. I have taken Esomeprazole and Nexium to keep the reflux down, but the tightness and other awful ...  Read Full »

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

What is the dosage of Naxdom 500 for a pregnant woman?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I have been suffering from a migraine for over five to six years or more. I have been sensitive to light since childhood. I used to take Migranil initially. Around two years ago, I met a neurologist and he advised me Amitone at night and Naxdom 500 in case of emerge...  Read Full »