Q. My wife has been suffering from migraine and gastric irritation. What to do?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My wife is suffering from a migraine. I have consulted a neurosurgeon. He has given tablets Sibelium 10 mg, Topirol 25 mg, and Serenance. But, she is unable to take food. While drinking water also she is feeling gastric irritation. She is taking Omez D and Zofran syrup before meals for gas release, and after food, she is taking Enzyme syrup. But still, she is facing the problem of constipation and headache. While taking food, the headche increases. Eight years back, she had the same issue, and she had Topaz 25 mg at that time. Her urine, blood tests, and head scan are normal.

#

We are here to help you.

• Her stomach irritation seems to be because of the migraine only. Let me brief you about the migraine and its treatment.
  • If you are suffering from migraine headaches, then you should be started on medicines for the prophylaxis of the migraine.
  • You have not mentioned the pattern of your wife's headache, as you have to be sure that a headache is due to migraine. So, I will brief you about the pattern of migraine headaches.
  • Migraine headaches are usually unilateral, associated with throbbing, vomiting sensations, irritability, and intolerance to lights and sounds. A person who has a migraine wants to sit in the dark and does not like anyone to speak.
  • Treatment given to her is fine, but my experience and recommendations say that either Sibelium (Flunarizine) or Topirol (Topiramate) should be given along with Amitriptyline (Tryptomer) and see the effects.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|