Q. Is bleeding during pregnancy related to miscarriage?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I am female, 20 years old, 5'2" and 45.3 kg. I am pregnant but during my ultrasound, there is no embryo and yolk sac. My uterus is seven weeks and three days having 3.1 mm. Seven days after the ultrasound I had bleeding but it was light, the color was dark red, brown or black and it was like an intestine like a tube. I went to my doctor two days after I noticed the bleeding. My doctor said that it was a uterine tissue. She did an ultrasound on me again and its size was 3.3 mm, eight weeks pregnant. Still no yolk sack and embryo. I still have bleeding after my ultrasound and it has been three days. Now my blood is reddish and I have some blood clot that colors black or dark red. What to do? Do I have a miscarriage?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It is anembryonic pregnancy, and at 8 weeks still, there is no embryo, no sac and have clots or bleeding. So it is more likely going to abort. There could be conservative, medical and surgical management. In conservative, you can wait for nature to take a step for miscarriage and can have a natural process of miscarriage but might need medical or surgical management. Medical management needs to treat with medicine that stimulates cleaning of the uterus but might need surgery. In surgical management, evacuation is done actually but might need medical treatment for that. In case of severe bleeding or pain, you need to report to the tertiary care center. Have a healthy diet, daily walk.

|