Q. I had a blood clot after taking Cytotec. Was the abortion successful?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

I am a 20-year-old female with a weight of 55 kg. I had an abortion of one month with Cytotec and what I experienced was a blood clot with no bleeding. The second day, there was a blood clot. Until now, there is no bleeding. I have pain in my belly. Was the abortion successful?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Family Physician Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

With Cytotec (Misoprostol) alone the success rate of abortion is around 75% to 85%. How much of the dose have you taken?

The bleeding will last for four to five days.

If you feel you have not bled properly and if you are having more bleeding than usual then get a gynecological ultrasound to look for retained products of conception.and the Cytotec tablet.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|