Q. Apart from pregnancy, what are the other causes for missed periods?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
Hi sir,
Me and my girlfriend had romance during that time my pennis tip entered her viginal opening thrice .I didnt ejaculated before or during the romance time.but after few days she missed her periods.what might might reason .
Thanks waiting for the reply

What will be the reason ?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
# If you didn’t ejaculated inside than there is almost no chance of pregnancy. But many times man are not sure about precum.
So can do home urine pregnancy test just for confirmation and to relieve stress.
Once it comes negative than we are sure that it is not due to pregnancy. And there is some other reason.

Many times stress play the major role in delaying menses. And period will come within 10 days.
Or she can take primolut N like tablets daily once for 5 days and period should come within 15 days.

But we can’t know whether there is ovarian cyst or not. And to find out other problems we can do one ultrasound scan abdomen and pelvis to find out any other related problem due to which period can be delayed.
If something found than we can treat that also.

Do periods will come after tablets if pregnancy test is negative.
And by following this all the stress will be relieved.

| 
She live in different city and its lockdown here,she cant goto doctor ,can you please suggest some home test or treatment .please

Her periods got delayed by 10 days

If its not pregnancy then iam not bothered .her parents will take care.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

# I already given. Ask her to do home pregnancy test. Urine pregnancy kit can be purchased from any medical. Need to check urine by drop. Kit has all instructions how to do test at home.
If single line comes means test is negative and if double line comes than it’s positive.

There is almost no chance of positive test but need to confirm by test.

And if test comes negative than she can take tab primolut N. like tablets for 5 days and period will come in 15 days.

| 
1 out of 1 likes
What if its positive.what we can do.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

#

Than Need to consult nearby abortion centre or gynaecologist. Need on ultrasound scan of pregnancy. And according scan doctor will give you option for termination if you don’t want to continue. your country has very strict law about termination of pregnancy. And best , safe and legal way and no problem in future , is the only way to consult nearby abortion centre. But mostly will require both of you.

| 
Ok thanks

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

# Welcome. Just ask her to do urine pregnancy test. Which is more likely to come negative. And as I said if it comes negative than all stress will be gone.

| 
Yes,after how manh days of sex we can perform the test.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

# It should come positive if pregnancy happen after 13 to 14 days. So better to do test after 20 days. It must come positive if pregnancy is there and if negative than definitely no pregnancy.

| 

I am sleep deprived and stressed. Will it affect my period?

Query: Hello doctor, I missed my period but I am not sure why. I am not pregnant. My last period was on 14th of last month and my period is due on 10th of this month. I do have a lot of disturbed sleep due to my 18-month-old baby who does not sleep very well and wakes at night. I am always very tired. My...  Read Full »

Though my pregnancy test is negative, I miss my period. What to do now?

Query: Hello doctor, I have missed periods and a negative pregnancy test. Should I wait for another test? I tested three days back. The last LMP date was exactly a month back. This is related to my wife.  Read Full »

I have missed period with white vaginal discharge after sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old sexually active female. I have missed my period date this month by eight days today. I had sexual intercourse 10 days after periods following which I took an Unwanted 72 two days later. I got my period last month. Following this, I had protected sex (condom). I have...  Read Full »