Q. I missed period and my pregnancy test is negative. Should I take another test?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

I have missed periods and a negative pregnancy test. Should I wait for another test? I tested three days back. The last LMP date was exactly a month back. This is related to my wife.

#

Since your urine pregnancy test is negative, there is nothing to worry about. The delay could be because of hormonal changes. However, if you do not get periods within a week or so, then get yourself checked by a gynecologist and get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause. Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further. Take care.

What are the chances of pregnancy in such cases? Are they successful or not? Whether the test will be positive or not after a few days wait?

#

If there is delayed ovulation and implementation, then the results will be positive after a week or so. However, if you have a doubt then get a blood test for pregnancy done to ensure. Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further. Take care.

|