Q. I missed period after sex and getting white vaginal discharge. Should I worry about pregnancy?

I am a 25-year-old sexually active female. I have missed my period date this month by eight days today. I had sexual intercourse 10 days after periods following which I took an Unwanted 72 two days later. I got my period last month. Following this, I had protected sex (condom). I have taken home urine pregnancy tests (morning samples) and afternoon sample. All have come back negative. I am also having an excessive creamy white discharge for the past four days. Do I have to worry about pregnancy? What should I follow up with?

#

As the urine pregnancy test are all negative after one month post last protected sex and also that you had a withdrawal bleed post Unwanted 72 intake, so chances of pregnancy are negative. You are for sure not pregnant.

The presence of excessive creamy white vaginal discharge is likely indicative of vaginal candidiasis and if there is a foul smell present as well, then the likely cause is added bacterial infection with fungal infection (mixed vaginosis). The same can be confirmed by a high vaginal swab culture at a gynecologist's clinic and can be treated with antifungals and antibiotics course for a week. Also recommended is to use Alkaline vaginal washes to keep the vagina infection free.

| 
1 out of 1 likes