Q. Should I be concerned about the mole in my lower back?

Dr. Shanza Ikram
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 18, 2022 and last reviewed on: Oct 19, 2022

I have a mole and I would like to have a dermatologist to look at it. It is on my lower back. Is it normal? Please help.

#

I understand your concern.

I have gone through your case. The only way we can comment is by comparing previous pictures. It is also suggested that patients take pictures, keep them in the record, and compare them monthly. I think this mole has two zones of color: the outer ring is light brown, and the inner one is slightly dark in color. Moreover, it is an irregular border. I suggest taking some time for a biopsy to rule out melanoma. Remember, the following are signs of suspicious melanoma.

1. Asymmetrical.

2. Irregular border.

3. Colour change.

4. Diameter greater than 7 millimeters.

5. Ulceration.

I hope you find it helpful.

Kind regards.

|