Q. What can the lump on penis be?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

I have a small lump on my penis. I have not had any unprotected sex and also have a steady partner. I have this for about a month. Please help.

#

It is very difficult to diagnose it without seeing it through photos. Here I mentioned the possibilities, which could be the lump.

1. Wart lump- Rough surface, multiple, painless, hard, stucked and not going since long time.
  2. Molluscum - It also has hard, round, smooth surface, whitish and white material filled.

These are the two main differential diagnoses.

Since how long it is on the penis? Is it painful or itchy? Please explain the lesion, duration, symptoms and how it looks.

Revert back with the detailed answer to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Here, I have attached the photo for your reference. There is no pain or itching of any kind.

#

I looked into your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) closely.

It seems like molluscum. Just take the cotton and press it. Try to extract out all the material inside it. Then, clean it with antiseptic and this is the treatment.

It is better go to local doctor. He will use topical anesthesia and extract out the whitish material completely.

As you said that you had only protected sex, sometime molluscum may come without any sexual contact too (very common to get it this way).

If you cannot extract it on your own then apply Podophyllin solution (Podowart) over it every night and see for two weeks. It may go with this, or else remove it manually.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|