Q. What can the lump on penis be?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
Published on Jul 11, 2017

I have a small lump on my penis. I have not had any unprotected sex and also have a steady partner. I have this for about a month. Please help.

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon Venereology
#

It is very difficult to diagnose it without seeing it through photos. Here I mentioned the possibilities, which could be the lump.

1. Wart lump- Rough surface, multiple, painless, hard, stucked and not going since long time.
  2. Molluscum - It also has hard, round, smooth surface, whitish and white material filled.

These are the two main differential diagnoses.

Since how long it is on the penis? Is it painful or itchy? Please explain the lesion, duration, symptoms and how it looks.

Revert back with the detailed answer to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Here, I have attached the photo for your reference. There is no pain or itching of any kind.

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

#

I looked into your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) closely.

It seems like molluscum. Just take the cotton and press it. Try to extract out all the material inside it. Then, clean it with antiseptic and this is the treatment.

It is better go to local doctor. He will use topical anesthesia and extract out the whitish material completely.

As you said that you had only protected sex, sometime molluscum may come without any sexual contact too (very common to get it this way).

If you cannot extract it on your own then apply Podophyllin solution (Podowart) over it every night and see for two weeks. It may go with this, or else remove it manually.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Is my 1 year old's blisters due to molluscum or chickenpox?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 1 year and three months. She was diagnosed by her pediatrician to have molluscum virus. Initially, there were 23 blisters (watery substance) started from 15th. The doctor advised applying Caladryl lotion on blisters and nothing else. No cream/powder, nothing. She was ad...  Read Full »

How can I naturally get rid of molluscum contagiosum?

Query: Hello doctor,How can I naturally get rid of molluscum contagiosum? Are there any products, herbs, oils, etc., that I can use or ingest to help it heal? How long will it last?  Read Full »

Do genital warts appear above the pubic area?

Query: Hi doctor, Do genital warts appear above the pubic area? I have attached the picture for your reference.  Read Full »