Genital Warts

Genital warts are skin growths seen in the genital organs of people infected with certain strains of human papillomavirus (HPV). It is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) and can be transmitted through unprotected vaginal, anal, or oral sex. The growths look darker, look like a cauliflower, and can feel bumpy to touch.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Is Condyline paint appropriate for genital warts caused by HPV?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old female. I lost my virginity about 10 months ago with my boyfriend. Now after 10 months has passed I found out that I have two warts inside my vagina. It is white color although, the one on the top started to have a slight pink color. But the second one on the bottom wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash


Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your history and pictures provided. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I appreciate that you have consulted the doctor and begun the treatment. As rightly prescribed, Condyline (Podophyllotoxin) paint is very effective in genital ...  Read Full »

What causes skin tags like bumps inside the vagina?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed that my left inner labia are swollen and a little itchy. I thought that the itch comes and goes and it is definitely not a constant one. I have no unusual discharge and it does not burn or pain when I pee. I noticed that there is a tiny smooth skin tag-like bump on the lab...  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Family Physician, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The presence of local swelling and itchiness over one side labia minora alone, indicates an element of inflammation. The presence of skin tag bump, which is swollen, is unlikely to be a vaginal wart, as warts are not acutely occurring lesions. This could be a folliculi...  Read Full »

I am having a few genital warts, for which I tried some home remedies. How to get rid off it?

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I am having a few genital warts, for which I tried some home remedies as well as wart freeze away recently. Why there is redness around them? What are the possible ways to get rid of it?  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Yes, those are genital warts (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is an STD caused by HPV infection. Surrounding redness is perhaps due to irritation to the home remedies that you have used. If I were the treating doctor, I would suggest either electr...  Read Full »

What are those non-itchy, multiplying bumps on penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed these bumps and spots on the bar of my boyfriend's penis. It does not seem to cause any discomfort to him such as itching or sensitive to touch. We have been sexually active supposedly monogamous for a year. I noted the first one about three months ago and they seem to be m...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and descriptions. These lesions seem to be genital warts (condyloma acuminata). It is a contagious disease, caused by human papilloma virus. Generally, two thirds of individuals who have sexu...  Read Full »

How to treat a torn frenulum?

Query: Hi doctor, I got married before seven years and living happily with my wife. A week ago, I had a very enthusiastic sex session in the shower. During which I slipped out and missed going back in and had a substantial impact. At that time I believe I had a frenulum tear and the skin was split. After...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It is quite common to get a frenulum tear while having coitus. It will heal within four to five days and pain will subside in a day or two. However, if you still continue to have pain, you can seek an opinion. Avoid coitus for few days for a quick recovery. For furth...  Read Full »

I have little genital warts in my vagina and worried that it could be VPH. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a few and little genital warts in my vagina. I can send you a picture if you want, I am very worried that it could be VPH. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to It seems to be HPV (human papilloma virus) warts only. But need to be confirmed. Are you sexually active? If yes then does your partner also has similar lesions?  Read Full »

I have itchy growth on my shaft. Is it wart?

Query: Hi doctor, This is really nerve racking but I noticed these growth on my shaft (fold area) that are very small and round. They tend to itch quite often especially when touched. I have attached a picture. I am afraid it could be genital warts. I last had sexual encounter with a female escort earl...  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Hara Sudhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The last picture shows a genital wart-like lesion (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are treatable too, they would require a physical ablative therapy like cryotherapy or radiofrequency removal, which can be done in a skin clinic. Warts are not usual...  Read Full »

I have a cluster of bumps on either side of the penis (frenulum). Are these fordyce spots?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cluster of bumps nearly identical on either side of the penis (frenulum), about five each side. They are yellow in color. Are these fordyce spots or genital warts? I previously had a couple of warts on the shaft, but they looked different from what I am having now. Kindly hel...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. Yes, these are fordyce spots, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that is ectopic sebaceous glands, when present at this site they are known as Tyson's glands. They are completely harmless, and no treatment is required unless y...  Read Full »

Is wart-like growth on the penis contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. My weight is 140 lbs and height is 6'3". I am doing a computer-based job. My diet is poor for the past 2-1/2 years. As I often work at night my sleep too gets disturbed. I am single and never had sexual contact with anyone. There is no history of skin disease, smoking ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash


Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your history and relevant pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I appreciate the same. As I can see that you do not have any signs of wart or contagious disease, please relax. The lesion you are having is just a dilated hair ...  Read Full »

Is genital wart recurrent?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about HPV. I am a 28-year-old male with one genital wart and I wanted to know if this is for life? Will this keep coming back every so often? What are the best ways to get rid of the wart and a way to prevent them from coming back? I also read that the immune system ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia


Answer: Hi, Welcome to Warts are treatable. Kindly always attach the picture of the lesion for reference. It is not necessary that warts come and go. Once you are treated properly it does not mean you have to suffer from it again and again. It is human papilloma viral infection. This virus has ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.