Podophyllotoxin

What are the symptoms of overdose of Podophyllin?

Query: Hi doctor, I treated some HPV genital warts using cryogenic therapy, followed by applying a liberal amount of Podophyllin, which I left on overnight. Sometimes during sleep, I became very ill and agitated, had the chills and could not get warm, and when I got up I was very weak and lethargic, no ap...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is acute systemic toxicity due to Ligans in Podophyllin most probably. Have a single dose (2 ml) of intravenous or intramuscular Pheniramine (Avil) along with a single (2 ml) dose of Dexamethasone intravenous or intramuscular by consulting a general physici...  Read Full »

Can HPV be transmitted by kissing?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a few warts on my leg and a barely noticeable wart on my penis. My doctor said that they look like HPV. He advised me to apply antifungal and steroid cream and wear condoms. The cream was not very effective even after four days. Can it be something other than HPV? Will condom...  Read Full »

Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, a condom will prevent transmission. No, HPV will not get transmitted by kissing. The lesion on your leg can be due to HPV (human papillomavirus), but its probability is low. Genital warts regress spontaneously within months or years, but, the guideli...  Read Full »

There are recurrent cluster of bumps on the penis every three months. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a cluster of bumps on the penis. This has been going on and off for two years. I have this recurrent cluster of bumps. They appear at the same spot about every three months.   Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern may be condylomata accuminata. It is a type of viral infection due to human papillomavirus. Do you have any history of unprotected sexual exposure? If yes, go for an STD panel investigation which includes: VDRL (venereal disease research laborat...  Read Full »

What can the lump on penis be?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small lump on my penis. I have not had any unprotected sex and also have a steady partner. I have this for about a month. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very difficult to diagnose it without seeing it through photos. Here I mentioned the possibilities, which could be the lump. Wart lump- Rough surface, multiple, painless, hard, stucked and not going since long time. Molluscum - It also has hard, round, sm...  Read Full »

Please suggest a way to remove my warts.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a wart developing on the face. I want it to be removed. Please help. I am currently taking one tablet of 100 mcg Thyronorm daily.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is a wart (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The best way to remove it electrocautery or radiofrequency. It is a method to remove wart by an instrument. For that you need to go to local dermatologist. It is a very simple and quick procedure. If you ...  Read Full »

I am getting on and off ulcer in my penis. What it is?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old male. I have a very small topical cut on my penis where the shaft ends. It does not pain normally but pains on stretching. It happened last month once and went away. Now it recurred while having sex. I am not on any medication.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send the good quality photographs of the lesion for better help. Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »