Mrv

Is temporomandibular joint disorder related to pulsatile tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor,I have pulsatile tinnitus for six weeks. I have done MRI and CT angiography. But the doctor cannot find anything abnormal in the tests. I have TMJ disorder and I am trying to do exercise for my mouth. I am planning to get a mouthguard from the dentist. Kindly tell me whether pulsatile tinn...  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra Kumar Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Temperomandibular disorders do not cause pulsatile tinnitus. But temporomandibular joint can cause tinnitus and it occurs in association with the movement of TMJ. It does not cause pulsations. It should have some relationship with jaw movement by increasing or decre...  Read Full »

Right internal jugular vein was not visualized at the skull base in a MRV. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an MRV done. In the report, it said my right internal jugular vein was not visualized at the skull base. What could this possibly mean? It was never followed upon. I get terrible headaches.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The internal jugular vein carries blood from the brain and neck area to the heart. There are many reasons for the non-visualization of the internal jugular vein on MRV and the causes can be technical due to slow flow of blood or can be due to a mild compression of the v...  Read Full »

Is bilateral papilledema a serious one?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife was recently seen by an ophthalmologist for loss of peripheral vision in one eye and a feeling of something wrong with her eye, as though it were closed. Ophthalmologist diagnosed it as bilateral papilledema and referred to neurologist for immediate follow up. The ophthalmologist ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.¬†Please do not get panic. Papilledema is swelling of optic nerve head due to increase in intracranial pressure. This pressure may be high due to some tumor or blockage of sinuses or idiopathic (without cause). The investigations required are: Perimetry should be done by o...  Read Full »