Multiple Sclerosis

I experience arm, legs, joint and back pain with tremors. How to proceed further?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45-year-old female. I was treated with intravenous Cortisone injection therapy for a week for having acute demyelinating symptoms for almost two months that appeared together with a new lesion at the cerebellum area of my brain. There had been three other there, supposedly migrai...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to chronic lesions of multiple sclerosis MS (sometimes there is no total improvement after steroid therapy). Anyway, I would recommend starting Gabapentin for chronic pain or switch...  Read Full »

Will inhaling paint spray fumes cause multiple sclerosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I never traveled to a foreign country. I have been unprotected from paint chemicals for over a year. I use a mask that was not NIOSH approved. The spray that I have been using is 341g. A test shows that 36 pounds of chemicals have been in...  Read Full »

Dr. Md Faiz Akram

Pharmacologist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an autoimmune disease in which an abnormal response of body’s immune system is directed against the nervous system (brain, spinal cord and optic nerves). The immune system of the body mistakenly attacks the myelin sheath the protectiv...  Read Full »

What causes a left side spasm with muscle pull and vision disturbance in a 15-year-old girl?

Query: Hi doctor, I am the mother of a 15-year-old girl who was adopted. She has no family history and no medical history. She started experiencing back pain in her lower central back. The pain felt like sharp jabs at sometimes and dull at others. This pain progressed to the hips and shooting pains down ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data that you have posted. I can understand your concern being a mother of 15-year-old and facing all this. I will try to help in my way. The first thing is complete detailed neurological examination is very important in this case. Due to ...  Read Full »

I have tingling sensation on face, arms, and legs even after many tests and medications. Is this multiple sclerosis?

Query: Hello doctor, About a year ago, I started with tingling symptoms on the face, which was most consistent but also arms, legs, and torso those are more intermittent on both sides of the body. At time B12 was low started taking it after a couple of months symptoms better. Also, I had regular neuro exa...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your neuro exam and MRI brain and cervical spine are mostly normal, I believe that the symptoms may not be an indication of something serious. However, if the tingling persists, please get the following tests done. 1. Serum Vitamin B12 (to know if your supplement...  Read Full »

What does positive Hoffman's sign mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I was previously diagnosed with essential tremor, for which I have been taking Propanolol 160 mg for six years. My current symptoms are constant tingling, soreness, and restlessness of the legs. I get spasms in the legs as well as arms. My right eye goes blur...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are not easily explained by one problem. A positive Babinski and Hoffman sign indicates that you might be having some spinal cord lesion. But slurring of speech and blurring of eye signify a brain lesion. Intermittent drooping of one eye may point towards...  Read Full »

I have MS and have taken MRI. What can be the reason for hearing loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I currently have MS and receive Tysabri as a treatment. During my recent MRI, several things showed up, which have been dismissed out of hand by my MS Provider. 1. In comparison to previous scans, there is a new focus of increased signal change in the right temporal lobe medially adj...  Read Full »

Dr. Ardit Tela

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question carefully, and I will try to answer in detail. I understand your concern. I would like to have additional information please, 1. Since when you have the diagnosis of MS and for how long are you on Tysabri (Natalizumab)? 2. When was your heari...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. If lesions heal does it mean the disease progressing?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 34-years-old female. Last year I was diagnosed with MS. I had an MRI scan with the contract last year, which showed up lesions in the brain and two were active at that time. I had another MRI last week and got my results today. It shows no new lesions or activity also the lesions...  Read Full »

Dr. Ardit Tela

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question carefully, and I will try to give you a detailed answer. There are several types of multiple sclerosis, more precisely four, 1. The first type is the commonest one, relapsing-remitting, with temporary periods of exacerbation and feeling ...  Read Full »

Why am I having right ear fullness and background noise?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having right ear fullness and it started several days ago. Last night I awoke due to a pulsating pain in my right ear. I hear some background noise and in silent environment, it is most evident. Is that fine? I had Bell's palsy 2.5 months ago on the left side and again, a month ago o...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having sensorineural hearing loss. It is in early stage and mild. So, you are having pulsation in the ear. Another important thing is bilateral Bell's palsy. It is not common. Having facial palsy is not good and the developing sensorineural component...  Read Full »

What causes shaky hands and numb toes while walking?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my first appointment with a neurologist this week. I am a 21 year old student. The past several years I have been dealing with shaky hands, worse on my left side, that has continuously gotten worse. I also have hypothyroidism and had hoped that as my thyroid balanced out, the shaki...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history is suggestive of neurological issues with very less possibility of anxiety. Following are the possibilities that I can think of : Amylotropic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Multiple sclerosis. Young onset Parkinson's disease. Parkinson's plus syndrome. ...  Read Full »

I have burning discomfort in my legs, buttocks, arms, hands, and lower back for six days. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 46-year-old female. I have burning discomfort in my legs, buttocks, arms, hands, and lower back for six days. There is no weakness, no tingling, no numbness, no confusion, and no stroke symptoms. My friend told me that I might have multiple sclerosis. What could it be?  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some more details about your symptoms, 1. Did you have burning sensations over the whole body below the neck at one time? Or had uneven patchy distribution? Or the location of burning sensation was varying with time like, sometimes at legs, sometim...  Read Full »