Multiple Sclerosis

Where are my symptoms leading to?

Query: Hi doctor, My symptoms over the last four months are as follows. I sat down on my mother's bed and could not get up. I had severe pain in lower back on left side shooting down my leg. They felt like electric shocks and it lasted for a little over a week. During that time I had a lot of memory issue...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These all symptoms could be unrelated but can be related too. In my opinion, you should be evaluated for multiple sclerosis. A person with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) or multiple sclerosis (MS) can have almost any neurological symptom or sign. Autonomic, visua...  Read Full »

What is the correlation between scattered white matter lesion and multiple sclerosis?

Query: Hello doctor, The radiologist stated scattered white matter lesions but does not tell the location, or size. They state as unsure etiology or clinical significance. The ordering physician suspects MS due to symptoms like disorientation, incontinence, and body pain. If the radiologist suspected MS ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The few scattered white matter lesions could mean that there are areas in the white matter of brain which are seen as small pinhead size on T2 and flair sequence. This is commonly from small vessel ischemic changes and is seen usually in older age and slightly uncommon ...  Read Full »

Are occasional numbness of foot and neuralgia signs of anxiety or multiple sclerosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing numbness in my left foot. It comes and goes sometimes throughout the day and sometimes it is completely normal. This has been happening for the past year. At night, when I lay down the back of both my calves feel like they are rhythmically pulsing only when l...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are not typical of MS (multiple sclerosis). The numbness in your leg may be related to a pinched nerve. The pulsating feeling in your legs may be psychological or related to venous insufficiency. Regarding the pain in your face, it is not typical of tr...  Read Full »

I experience arm, legs, joint and back pain with tremors. How to proceed further?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45-year-old female. I was treated with intravenous Cortisone injection therapy for a week for having acute demyelinating symptoms for almost two months that appeared together with a new lesion at the cerebellum area of my brain. There had been three other there, supposedly migrai...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to chronic lesions of multiple sclerosis MS (sometimes there is no total improvement after steroid therapy). Anyway, I would recommend starting Gabapentin for chronic pain or switch...  Read Full »

Will inhaling paint spray fumes cause multiple sclerosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I never traveled to a foreign country. I have been unprotected from paint chemicals for over a year. I use a mask that was not NIOSH approved. The spray that I have been using is 341g. A test shows that 36 pounds of chemicals have been in...  Read Full »

Dr. Md Faiz Akram

Pharmacologist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an autoimmune disease in which an abnormal response of body’s immune system is directed against the nervous system (brain, spinal cord and optic nerves). The immune system of the body mistakenly attacks the myelin sheath the protectiv...  Read Full »

What causes a left side spasm with muscle pull and vision disturbance in a 15-year-old girl?

Query: Hi doctor, I am the mother of a 15-year-old girl who was adopted. She has no family history and no medical history. She started experiencing back pain in her lower central back. The pain felt like sharp jabs at sometimes and dull at others. This pain progressed to the hips and shooting pains down ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data that you have posted. I can understand your concern being a mother of 15-year-old and facing all this. I will try to help in my way. The first thing is complete detailed neurological examination is very important in this case. Due to ...  Read Full »

I have tingling sensation on face, arms, and legs even after many tests and medications. Is this multiple sclerosis?

Query: Hello doctor, About a year ago, I started with tingling symptoms on the face, which was most consistent but also arms, legs, and torso those are more intermittent on both sides of the body. At time B12 was low started taking it after a couple of months symptoms better. Also, I had regular neuro exa...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your neuro exam and MRI brain and cervical spine are mostly normal, I believe that the symptoms may not be an indication of something serious. However, if the tingling persists, please get the following tests done. 1. Serum Vitamin B12 (to know if your supplement...  Read Full »

What does positive Hoffman's sign mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I was previously diagnosed with essential tremor, for which I have been taking Propanolol 160 mg for six years. My current symptoms are constant tingling, soreness, and restlessness of the legs. I get spasms in the legs as well as arms. My right eye goes blur...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are not easily explained by one problem. A positive Babinski and Hoffman sign indicates that you might be having some spinal cord lesion. But slurring of speech and blurring of eye signify a brain lesion. Intermittent drooping of one eye may point towards...  Read Full »

I have MS and have taken MRI. What can be the reason for hearing loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I currently have MS and receive Tysabri as a treatment. During my recent MRI, several things showed up, which have been dismissed out of hand by my MS Provider. 1. In comparison to previous scans, there is a new focus of increased signal change in the right temporal lobe medially adj...  Read Full »

Dr. Ardit Tela

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question carefully, and I will try to answer in detail. I understand your concern. I would like to have additional information please, 1. Since when you have the diagnosis of MS and for how long are you on Tysabri (Natalizumab)? 2. When was your heari...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. If lesions heal does it mean the disease progressing?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 34-years-old female. Last year I was diagnosed with MS. I had an MRI scan with the contract last year, which showed up lesions in the brain and two were active at that time. I had another MRI last week and got my results today. It shows no new lesions or activity also the lesions...  Read Full »

Dr. Ardit Tela

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question carefully, and I will try to give you a detailed answer. There are several types of multiple sclerosis, more precisely four, 1. The first type is the commonest one, relapsing-remitting, with temporary periods of exacerbation and feeling ...  Read Full »