Muscle Stiffness

Are joint and knee pain symptoms of gout?

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few weeks, my wife is suffering from joint pain in foot and right knee. When I search for this problem online, I found it as a symptom of gout. Can you please explain me about gout?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your query and also looked at the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Initially, I would like to throw some information about gout. It is a condition of altered purine metabolism in the body in which crystals of monosodium urate d...  Read Full »

I have stiffness and numbness in my hands and legs and I cannot hold the properly due to this. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have stiffness and numbness in my hands and legs for past six months and so I cannot pick up any object properly because they slip. Before seven months, my B12 was 211, then I started to take supplements, and now it is 2000. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P.bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from weakness in both the hands and legs. It appears like you are suffering from peripheral neuropathy. I have seen your reports, sugar is normal, B12 was low, but now it is normal. And many other routine reports are normal. My advice to you is to g...  Read Full »

My fingers will twitch consistently then lock up and lose circulation, on both sides. Is this panic attack?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been dealing with some issues lately regarding panic attacks. I am not sure what it is, but it is scary. I had three panic attacks in one day, or I think they are panic attacks. My fingers will twitch consistently then lock up and lose circulation, along with my whole arm, on bot...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The symptoms you are experiencing can be possibly due to hyperventilation during panic attacks. These can give rise to tetanic symptoms like tingling in limbs and face, muscle stiffness, trembling in hands, etc. It is advisable to consult your primary care doctor initial...  Read Full »

How can generalized anxiety with DPDR and muscle stiffness be cured completely?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe generalized anxiety that started 10 years ago and it has become very severe now. I have anxiety attacks, DPDR everyday, muscle stiffness, shaking hands and legs. I had changed four medicines, first on Sertraline no effect, then on Fluoxetine, it works only on specific...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. Anxiety in day to day situations, even without any cause is seen in generalised anxiety disorder. Nexito, Sertraline and Fluoxetine all are SSRI drugs and have great efficacy in anxiety. I personally prefer Escitalopram or Nexito for my...  Read Full »

When can I walk and run normally after ACL reconstruction surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25. I have gone through ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair surgery on left leg almost three months before. Now, on post-op rehabilitation. The doctor has suggested me to walk slowly. Currently, doing squats and weight exercises. I just wanted to know still how much time it wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In my opinion, it will take another 6 to 8 weeks for you to start running. I hope you got your movement range completely in your joint. Now, do your rehabilitation and weight training properly as advised. You can start walking normally. The pain ...  Read Full »

Why am I having severe lower back pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having horrible lower back pain. It is hard to sleep, sit up straight, and bend over. If I try to bend over, there is a shooting pain sent up my back. Looking at the diagrams of the spine, I see that it is at the bottom of the lumbar spine and all throughout the sacral vertebrae....  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In my opinion, you would have glute muscles stiffness. Leading to pain in your lower back. It could also be due to some disc issue as well. Do not worry, both the issues are completely treatable. I would recommend you to do the following: 1. Do a l...  Read Full »

My posture is not good and I am having back pain. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I am a medical student and has been experiencing some thoracic back pain for the last one year or so. I have no history of back, cervical or MSK problems. I have not had any imaging of my spine. Admittedly, I do not have the best posture. During most of the day ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for a comprehensive description and your picture marking out the point of pain (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Couple of possibilities are there. First is this could be due to poor posture.¬†From the picture this is subjective. You have slightly ...  Read Full »

Please suggest remedies for constant back pain.

Query: Hello doctor, I am usually a healthy 19 years old. But I always try to forget about my back pain. It gets very painful when I sleep, lay on my back, lay on my stomach, sit, stand, sit crossed legged, lean on anything, horse ride, walk, run, walk up stairs, etc. I have tried everything, massaging bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Back pain at your young age could be due to the possible stiffness of muscles on your back especially if you are not doing regular exercise. However, back pain could be related to any possible urogenital problem especially related to period...  Read Full »

I am unable to sit crossed and straight legs. Can physiotherapy help?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 27 years old male. I am unable to sit crossed legs, also unable to sit with straight legs. While trying to sit crossed legs, I am unable to keep my back straight and also left knee does not touch the ground completely and I tend to fall backward. Similarly while sitting with straight ...  Read Full »

Dr. Thomas Jefferson

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem you are suffering from is because of excessive use of chairs while sitting. The reason you are not able to sit with your knees close to the floor maybe because of the tightness of the muscles on the inner side of your thigh which needs stretching. It may als...  Read Full »

I am taking Pantozec 40 and Augmed 625. Does Augmentin cause stiffness of legs?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a painful, swollen, reddish boil under my armpit two days ago. I went to a doctor yesterday and he put me on antibiotics. Yesterday night, when I took the antibiotics, after some time I got the feeling of stiffness in my right calf and thigh. My leg felt heavy and affected my wa...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The antibiotic which you are taking does not have the side effect of myalgia and stiffness or joint pains. However, Pantoprazole may cause some times such symptoms. I think the boil itself can cause the myalgia and there is nothing serious. You need to complete at l...  Read Full »