Muscle Stiffness

Why do I have numbness and pain after elbow fracture treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I had elbow fracture four years ago. Following which I have limited ROM and stiffness. Now, I am also experiencing numbness, tingling and pain in palm and fingers. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you sustained elbow fracture four years ago. Can you kindly furnish me information that what fracture was it actually and what management was done in your case at that time? Also, I would like to see, Latest clinical pictures of your elbow showing...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine for muscle stiffness, apart from Baclofen.

Query: Hi doctor, My dad is without ventilator support since 40 days and his tracheostomy has also removed five days back. Without any life support system, he is currently breathing by himself for last 7-8 days with saturation level 100% on air. Past four days he is able to keep his eyes open for few minu...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the detailed information. I am happy to see your father improve gradually. Here is what I suggest. There is no other medicine for stiffness. However, physiotherapy should be carried out aggressively to prevent worsening of stiffness. One should rul...  Read Full »

Why is my left shoulder broader than the right?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 years old female. I have noticed that one of my clavicles is longer than the other. My left shoulder is slightly broader than the right shoulder. Every now and then I am experiencing pain in my left shoulder. My waist on the left is bigger than my right side as if I have lopside...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. One way to resolve the issue is to get a chest and thoracic spine x-ray. This is to rule out a scoliosis as well as to check if the clavicles are of the same size. My hunch from your description is that you have a mild scoliosis. Another way to check is to look for a rib ...  Read Full »

What to do for knee and leg muscle stiffness in arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from arthritis for about a year. Due to arthritis, I am almost on the bed for six months. Now I am fit but as I was on bed for six months my leg muscles (behind the knee) was badly stiffed and band to 90 degrees. I cannot stretch my legs straight, because the leg muscl...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. As per your symptoms you need to do physiotherapy and knee exercises to improve the range of motion. You need to consult a physiotherapist for proper rehabilitation. Initially, quadriceps strengthening and range of motion exercises are impo...  Read Full »

Will the symptoms of Strychnine continue even ater stopping it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have reason to think that I have been ingesting small amounts of Strychnine over a long period of time. Not enough to kill me. But enough to cause noticeable symptoms. The symptoms resemble tetanus. Extreme jaw muscle tension to the point that I have trouble chewing sometimes, paral...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is your age? Since how long have you been ingesting Strychnine? In what form and amount? Though there are one such diagnostic tests available to detect Strychnine poisoning other than typical signs and symptoms like generalized effect of muscles, convulsions, e...  Read Full »

Are joint and knee pain symptoms of gout?

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few weeks, my wife is suffering from joint pain in foot and right knee. When I search for this problem online, I found it as a symptom of gout. Can you please explain me about gout?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your query and also looked at the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Initially, I would like to throw some information about gout. It is a condition of altered purine metabolism in the body in which crystals of monosodium urate d...  Read Full »

I have stiffness and numbness in my hands and legs and I cannot hold the properly due to this. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have stiffness and numbness in my hands and legs for past six months and so I cannot pick up any object properly because they slip. Before seven months, my B12 was 211, then I started to take supplements, and now it is 2000. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P.bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from weakness in both the hands and legs. It appears like you are suffering from peripheral neuropathy. I have seen your reports, sugar is normal, B12 was low, but now it is normal. And many other routine reports are normal. My advice to you is to g...  Read Full »

My fingers will twitch consistently then lock up and lose circulation, on both sides. Is this panic attack?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been dealing with some issues lately regarding panic attacks. I am not sure what it is, but it is scary. I had three panic attacks in one day, or I think they are panic attacks. My fingers will twitch consistently then lock up and lose circulation, along with my whole arm, on bot...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The symptoms you are experiencing can be possibly due to hyperventilation during panic attacks. These can give rise to tetanic symptoms like tingling in limbs and face, muscle stiffness, trembling in hands, etc. It is advisable to consult your primary care doctor initial...  Read Full »

How can generalized anxiety with DPDR and muscle stiffness be cured completely?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe generalized anxiety that started 10 years ago and it has become very severe now. I have anxiety attacks, DPDR everyday, muscle stiffness, shaking hands and legs. I had changed four medicines, first on Sertraline no effect, then on Fluoxetine, it works only on specific...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. Anxiety in day to day situations, even without any cause is seen in generalised anxiety disorder. Nexito, Sertraline and Fluoxetine all are SSRI drugs and have great efficacy in anxiety. I personally prefer Escitalopram or Nexito for my...  Read Full »

When can I walk and run normally after ACL reconstruction surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25. I have gone through ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair surgery on left leg almost three months before. Now, on post-op rehabilitation. The doctor has suggested me to walk slowly. Currently, doing squats and weight exercises. I just wanted to know still how much time it wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In my opinion, it will take another 6 to 8 weeks for you to start running. I hope you got your movement range completely in your joint. Now, do your rehabilitation and weight training properly as advised. You can start walking normally. The pain ...  Read Full »