Q. I am unable to hold any objects due to numbness of hands and legs. Kindly help.

Dr. Prakashkumar P.Bhatt
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Aug 08, 2019

I have stiffness and numbness in my hands and legs for past six months and so I cannot pick up any object properly because they slip. Before seven months, my B12 was 211, then I started to take supplements, and now it is 2000. Kindly help.

Dr. Prakashkumar P.Bhatt

General Medicine Internal Medicine Neurology
#

You are suffering from weakness in both the hands and legs. It appears like you are suffering from peripheral neuropathy. I have seen your reports, sugar is normal, B12 was low, but now it is normal. And many other routine reports are normal. My advice to you is to go and consult a neurologist or neurophysician. It is not a straightforward disease or vitamin B12 related. Please do NCV (nerve conduction velocity) or EMG (electromyography) and if necessary, go for nerve biopsy.

Why is there numbness in foot and arm for the last six weeks?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I am feeling numbness in my left foot and left arm (especially near fingers and hand area) for the last six weeks. Firstly, I just ignored it and thought it will go away with time but now I am getting confused about it and want your opinion on this. Got your medi...  Read Full »

How can generalized anxiety with DPDR and muscle stiffness be cured completely?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe generalized anxiety that started 10 years ago and it has become very severe now. I have anxiety attacks, DPDR everyday, muscle stiffness, shaking hands and legs. I had changed four medicines, first on Sertraline no effect, then on Fluoxetine, it works only on specific...  Read Full »

Can chest pain result from vitamin B12 deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I have been diagnosed with a vitamin B12 deficiency and I am taking medicines from last month. I have a slight pain in the left side of my chest and also below my chest. My ECG is normal.  Read Full »