Musculoskeletal Pain

Pain affecting the bone, muscles, ligaments, nerves, and tendons is called musculoskeletal pain. Such pain can result from fractures, sprain, dislocations, injury, prolonged immobilization, and overuse.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Do persistent body pain with intense pain in extremities symptoms of cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old and weighs about 86 kg. My whole body hurts. I got pain all over the body, pain in legs and hands. Pain is persistent all the time mostly in the lower feet and hand. I am having pain for the past three months. I just had an appointment with my doctor. He ordered some...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta


Answer: Hello, Welcome to Well, I have gone through your history and the reports attached.(attachment removed to protect patient identity). All the reports are normal. I could not find the reports of liver function tests there, but I suppose your doctor had already looked into it. Do not w...  Read Full »

I suffer from chronic muscular pain, fatigue and neck stiffness. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. I am suffering from muscle pain for more than four years. It has just become worse and I could not get a diagnosis until now. It started as an ankle and calf pain four years ago and slowly progressed upward. At present I experience severe bilateral pain in th...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through the complaints with chronic muscular pain, fatigue to be your main symptoms. Do you have any urinary problems like pain during passing urine, frequency, urgency? Do you have any history of weakness in the muscles in the form of difficulty in wal...  Read Full »

What to do for left arm, shoulder and leg pain in Parkinson's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 60 years old. I am a Parkinson's patient. For about the last six months I am having pain in the left arm, shoulder and right leg from thighs downward.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The pain could be just due to musculoskeletal pain which just requires some muscle relaxants like tablet Zerodol-MR (Aceclofenac and Tizanidine) two times a day for four to five days. But it could be also due to inadequate dose for Parkinson's and that inturn causing...  Read Full »

Why is there discomfort in right hip joint and knee after lumbar puncture?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 17 years old. He has delayed learning. I am at the hospital for the last two weeks and they do not have an answer as to what is wrong with my son. MRI will be done on Monday. My son has IOP and ICP and due to his recent laser diode for glaucoma and LP, the result showed th...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka


Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern and would explain that his symptoms could be related to joint pain or musculoskeletal pain. For this reason, I would recommend performing some tests to investigate possible causes. 1. Complete blood count, PCR (polymerase chain reaction),...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in the back of chest with poor bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I started having a sharp pain in my right arm shoulder which probably originates from the right back of my chest. Also, my bowel movements have not been clear since some time. I took a Pantoprazole with Domperidone, guessing that this might be due to gas.  Read Full »

Dr. Magesh T

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It looks like a simple musculoskeletal pain and then you have been taking this Pantoprazole and Domperidone medicines and that could give some symptomatic relief but this looks like a musculoskeletal pain. Maybe you could have tried taking some muscle relaxant like Myor...  Read Full »

I have pain and burning sensation in my left breast. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a lot of pain and burning in my chest. I had an ECG done about 20 days back which was normal. I have pain on the left side, (it is like on my breast) sometimes I feel it moves. I have been suffering from this since more than a year. Last year, I went through a complete eva...  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to There are two possibilities in you, first is costochondritis (musculoskeletal) and the second possibility is of gastric reflux followed by fibroadenosis. Such a long duration of the pain and pain which increases on movements or pressing over the same site is usually ...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in my breastbone radiating to breast and ribs?

Query: Hello doctor, I have achy breastbone and ache towards the bottom of breastbone that goes across under my breasts and into my ribs on the right side. The ache comes and goes and seems to move around. It gets better with rest and laying certain ways. Taking no medicines. I am 29 years, 5'5", 160 poun...  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Does this pain increase on applying pressure over the area, if yes it could be costochondritis and it is a musculoskeletal type of pain and needs prolonged NSAID therapy? You will need to check vitamin D level and need to be on NSAID therapy. Overload and overuse, as...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in the chest and arm though all the reports are normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lot of chest pain and arm pain for the last few months. Especially my underarm and sides of the chest, and under chest worsens when pressed. All my reports are clear (blood and urine test, barium swallow, neck sonography, ECG, chest and arm X-ray). Though arm X-ray had slight ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to From what you have mentioned, most likely you have musculoskeletal pain. Which may be due to trauma or strenuous exercise. Please provide me with a chest X-ray in order to exclude other serious diseases. Musculoskeletal pain is characterised with pain with inspiratio...  Read Full »

Why is there right side chest pain with heaviness and burning sensation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing right side chest pain for the past four weeks. The pain originates just below the right-hand side rib cage. The pain never occurs on both the areas simultaneously (right side below the last rib and the other area right upper chest). Pain, heaviness, burning sensation...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubin Dev Sharma

Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to From your clinical history and attached report, there is no obvious cause of your severe pain. Calcified granulomas usually do not cause pain. Although looking at your old CT chest and current USG (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I would want to inve...  Read Full »

How can I get relief from buttock pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in my buttocks. I am unable to walk, and it has been there for a week. I am unable to move my body during sleeping. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Parth R Goswami

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The pain can be a musculoskeletal pain. For that, a non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug can be taken for five days. A hot compress can be applied over it. If there is no improvement, you can consult an orthopedic surgeon for a detailed physical examination. If the pain i...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.