Q. Should I wear an N95 mask to prevent COVID-19 infection even after complete vaccination?

Dr. Shubadeep Debabrata Sinha

I am fully vaccinated and want to be as much as protective from COVID -19. Health is of utmost importance to me. Can I use N95 masks? I have a ton in my house, but skeptical about using it. Suggest a good mask.

#

Thanks for your query. N95 masks are good enough to prevent transmission from the infected patient in general community-based usage. In hospitals, additional protection is ideal. By complete vaccination, please clarify whether you have taken two primary doses. Please clarify the brand of the COVID - 19 vaccine administered. Kindly share your vaccination-related record. Please vaccinate your eligible family members as well. COVID - 19 vaccination enables the prevention of severe infections but does not prevent the occurrence of infection. And most infection, if it occurs, should manifest as mild infection. I suggest you undertake usual preventive activities such as masking, hand washing, and usage of sanitizers.

|