Q. What is the reason for on and off toe swelling in a diabetic?

Answered by Dr. Noushif M and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Nail Infection or Hba1c? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My mother-in-law 72 years old. She gets swelling in her toe on and off for the past year. Recently there was pus inside, and she is having pain. After soaking the toe in hot water and betadine, discharge came out, but it is relapsing again. She had antibiotic too. She has diabetes but under control with medication.