Narcissistic Personality Disorder

What is the treatment for NPD and ASPD?

Query: Hello doctor,I am dangerously sadistic. I enjoy it when others are suffering in any form, from stubbed toes to life-threatening injuries and torture. I have been diagnosed with NPD, though with traits from ASPD. The research on how treatable this kind of thing seems pretty inconclusive. Where do I g...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I have to appreciate you for asking this question. It takes a huge amount of courage to question ourselves, and especially in cases of NPD (narcissistic personality disorder) and ASPD (antisocial personality disorder). Where the individual lacks the ins...  Read Full »

My friend is an attention-seeker who self harms. What could she be suffering from?

Query: Hello¬†doctor, My query is relating to a friend that seems to have a mental health issue. She is 24 years old, 5 feet 10 inch, and is not currently on any medication. She was previously on medication for depression and anxiety. Her behavior is very concerning and tends to center around attention see...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the following differentials can be drawn: Emotionally unstable personality disorder Narcissistic personality disorder Histrionic personality disorder But the exact diagnosis, if any, can only be made after a detailed evaluation by a...  Read Full »

I am suffering from a narcissistic personality disorder and pathological lying. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I am suffering from a narcissistic personality disorder and pathological lying. From health conditions to plain misconceptions of me as a person. I want to live an honest and pure life, and I want to steer away from these lies I have succumbed to over the past couple aching ...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your personality trait. We all are having specific personalities, and this is completely normal until it affects our social life. We all suppress our nature with our consciousness. If you think your daily life is changing becau...  Read Full »