Nasal Bone Correction

How is a nose bone injury treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My nephew is 3 and a half years old. He fell from the bed and hurt his nose around 7 or 8 months back. Now, as the doctors have said, his bone there is moving in the wrong direction, that is towards inside. What is the best course of action for him? Should he go under the knife? I am ple...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

Does my nose look really big?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years years old and just wondering if my nose is average or actually big.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Firstly, I would like to assure you that you are just perfect and nothing needs to be done cosmetically. Secondly, if the structure of your nose is causing you any physical ill health, you ne...  Read Full »

Is surgery needed for blocked nose and enlargement of nasal bone?

Query: Hi doctor, My friend has been diagnosed with acute sinusitis. He underwent CT scan of the sinuses and was recommended surgery due to blocked nose and enlargement of the nasal bone. Please recommend if surgery can be avoided. I have attached his CT scan report.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posting your query. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Surgery is not absolutely essential. A three weeks course of antibiotics along with nasal decongestants can be tried. Based on the relief from symptoms, the f...  Read Full »