Neck Spasm

How to get rid of pain in the right arm, shoulder, and neck?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 49 years old male, and I have pain in the right arm joint up to the shoulder neck for the last few days. It increased from yesterday evening, and I have difficulty in moving. For pain relief, I inconsistently took Combiflam.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, it could be due to some nerve irritation following neck spasm due to facet joint irritation. Nothing to worry about. As of now, I would advise you to Keep icing frequently. Over the neck once every 2 hours for 15 mins. Gentle massage over the n...  Read Full »

Does a pinched nerve in the neck cause problems in wrist?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with a pinched nerve in the neck. Now, it affects my left arm. I am doing physiotherapy exercises and got some recovery. But recently, I have numbness in my hands while sleeping on one or both hands. It resolves immediately when I wake up. Is this symptom related?...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a phenomenon of double crush syndrome where two smaller compressions add to the significant issues and symptoms. You may have a compression of the median nerve at the wrist called carpal tunnel syndrome while compression on the roots of the neck can also lead t...  Read Full »

How to reduce the pain and stiffness developed on the shoulders?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old female. I am waking up with stiffness in my shoulder and ankles. It got started before three months. Before three weeks, I waked up with pain and stiffness in my right shoulder with limited range of motion. Now, I have stiffness on both of my shoulders and ankles when I...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might have pain originating in the neck. It can cause spasm and stiffness in the shoulder. Posture during sleeping can also aggravate the spasm and it leads to stiffness in the shoulder. Get your neck and shoulder assessed properly. Try to drink a lot of fluids and ...  Read Full »

Please suggest medications for my sprain in the neck.

Query: Hi. My age is 29 years - Male. Height around 5'8, weight - 52 kgs. I was moving heavy furniture yesterday night, and I sprained my neck. I feel a stinging pain towards the back left of my neck (from my direction of facing) - Pain is at the nerve connecting head to my left shoulder. I am not able ...  Read Full »

Dr. Maithili Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq Your much clear description suggests that you might have strained you neck/shoulder muscles. Getting strained after pulling heavy objects is Very common followed by swelling in that particular region with muscle spasm. The neck movements would be definitely painful and res...  Read Full »

Please suggest medication for severe acidity, vomiting, neck, and back spasm.

Query: Hello doctor, My sister is 40 years old. She is suffering from severe acidity, vomiting, neck, and back spasms. She had taken Mobizox tablet for pain relief. After continuing with that tablet for some days later, she developed severe acidity and vomiting. Later on, she started screaming in pain. No...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. As per your query your sister needs proper evaluation and check up to know the cause of repeated spasms and pain as there are many causes of this. In my opinion, she should stop taking Myospaz and can use other pain relievers and continu...  Read Full »

Why am I having stiff neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed some worrying symptoms lately. I am a 24-year-old male with no other known condition. I have noticed that the back of my neck feels very stiff and rigid when I sit at my desk with my head bent forward to read or look at the monitor, to the point that I feel the need hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra K Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Neck pain seems to be due to strain in the neck muscles when you remained in one position for long duration, I would suggest you to take simple steps to avoid this, take rest for 2 minutes in every 15 to 20 minutes and move your neck side wise and rotate it to right an...  Read Full »

Is it possible to lead a normal life with scoliosis and neck stiffness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I am in a job for which I will be out of home for at least 11 hours. My problem is stiffness in the neck (in the left side alone) for the past four months. In certain positions of my neck, head trembles, heart beats fast, and shortness of breath is produced. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Is the irritation on the back of my neck due to poor posture?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from irritation on the back of my neck. Sometimes, it extends up to the throat. But, I do not have any problem in speaking or swallowing. Please help.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.comI understand that you have some irritation at the back of your neck that extends to your throat sometimes. However, there is no difficulty in swallowing or speaking. The details provided by you are not sufficient enough to make a decisive diagnosis. Please get me the foll...  Read Full »

I have neck spasm and difficulty in walking. Please help.

Query: Hello, I weigh 39 kg and I am 31 years old. I have lost two kilograms in the last two months. I am having spasm in the neck since 2 months. It started when I had sudden sneezing and was not able to move the neck soon after that. Neck movements got restricted. I consulted a doctor and took tablet...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Whole event started with a sneezing after which you developed muscular spasm in the neck. You took pregabalin for neuropathic pain but due to its side effect you discontinued.  After that you had physiotherapy and developed other neurological symptoms and you...  Read Full »

What is the issue with my upper back?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from lower back pain for the past five months. After going through physiotherapy and other exercises, I feel better. Now, I have developed upper back and shoulder pain too. I think it is because of the exercise I did before. I have attached my MRI of lower back, C-spine...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your query what I understand is that you have lower back pain that is well controlled with physiotherapy exercises, but have recently developed upper back and right shoulder pain which you think may have been brought upon by some of the exercises. Let us discuss y...  Read Full »