Nerve Pain

Why are antidepressants prescribed for nerve pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have this extreme nerve pain in my back right and shoulders, and due to this, both of my hands are so stiff, and also when I slowly hit both of my elbows, I can feel the sensation that you experienced same as when we sometimes hit our elbow somewhere. The worst part happens in the m...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right on the fact that this is an antidepressant, but you should know that antidepressants are commonly prescribed for nerve pain and headaches. So, I agree with your doctor on the prescription of this medication. You should try to be patient as its effects...  Read Full »

What does white spots on the brain MRI indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, My MRI scan shows two white spots on the brain. Radiologist report was sent to the neurologist. Please review. I presented with nerve pain all over my body about two years ago. That was chronic but largely in the background and not noticeable. Six months ago, I developed pain in my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ismail Kabakus

Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The uploaded images are flair images, which are very sensitive to brain lesions (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Those white spots you pointed are called white matter hyper-intensities. White matter hyperintensities or lesions are frequently ...  Read Full »

What is the right dose of Gabapentin for nerve pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have prescribed Gabapentin 300 mg three times daily for nerve pain. Does it mean 900 mg a day? Is this the right dose?  Read Full »

Dr. Abhaya Kant Tewari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The dose of Gabapentin has been rightly prescribed as 300 mg three times a day, and the daily dose will come to 900 mg/day. I suggest you take this dose, and if there is any feeling of adverse feeling, you can consult your doctor. 900 mg per day is the correct dose...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for the two sores on my penis head?

Query: Hello doctor, I have the following symptoms: sore right leg, scaly dry patch on the outside of the right ankle, in the shower, this turns red, my urine smells strong. I am 6.2 feet tall and weigh about 167 pounds. I eat a tremendous amount of food, mostly healthy, so I poop a lot. If I wipe too har...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks a lot for consulting us. You have pain issues in the right leg, a scaly patch on the right ankle, and blood when wiping hard after pee and lesions of the penis. Regarding the leg pain, it might have many causes like nerve pain, so you need to be examined with a n...  Read Full »

How can I treat my lower back pain and nerve pain?

Query: 3 weeks ago I was doing heavy weight Deadlift in my gym after that I suffered from lower back pain for two days and from then I am suffering a nerve pain from my lower back to my left knee through my thigh... And now There is soo much problem in sitting walking and normal day to day activities. I h...  Read Full »

Dr. Maithili Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Deadlifts are safe unless you do them incorrectly. And the most common off all the mistakes is to pull with lower back bent which causes uneven pressure on the spinal discs and result into bulged discs, pinching of nerves and spraining surrounding tissues too. The radiating pain to thigh and...  Read Full »

Is an elevated level of dsDNA antibody a risk factor for lupus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have nerve pain, fasciculations and headaches. I am currently on Lisinopril 20, Amlodipine 5, Paxil 20 and Remeron 15. My blood report shows that I have dsDNA antibody.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anti-dsDNA positivity implies that it is probably lupus. I suppose you have positive ANA (Antinuclear antibody). Now, I need the following answers: 1. I need a detailed history of your symptoms. 2. Do you have any oral ulcers? 3. Do you have any photosensitive rash...  Read Full »

Why makes the bottom of the feet feel swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having issues with my feet. I feel that they are swollen and numb, but they are not swollen and also there is no discoloration. I do not have any chest pain, lightheadedness, dizziness, shortness of breath or any unusual pain and ache anywhere else. This usually happens while sitting...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms suggest that you are having nerve pain. Nerve pain usually requires some special medications. So, I suggest tablet Pregabalin 75 mg twice daily in the morning and at night for 30 days before food. Continue your B12 vitamin tablets for 30 days. This is a ner...  Read Full »

Can tooth infection cause tingling and numbness of lip and chin?

Query: Hello doctor, The last molar on my left side broke around two years ago. It slightly niggled and chipped further during that time, reminding me that it needed to be fixed, but never actually posed a problem. I finally went to the dentist last year and an X-ray was taken. A decay was present at the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Possibly there been some compression or inflammation of the inferior alveolar nerve, which passes through the mandible and then emerges as the mental nerve. The mental nerve supplies the part below the lower lip and chin. If you have pain, severe tingling, pins and n...  Read Full »

I feel an irritation of the nerve over the left temple. Is it a neurological or dental problem?

Query: Hello doctor, From the past three months, I am having pain like irritation of the nerve on the left side exactly on the temple of the head, and in the left jaw in front of the ear. This pain radiates to the back of the ear, below the left jaw, and then radiates to the left side of the neck. The pain...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such radiating pain can be caused by¬†exposed nerves, infection of the tooth or gum, TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder, or nerve compression by the wisdom tooth. The pain is still persisting due to surrounding inflammation after removal of the tooth. Infection can be...  Read Full »

What is the reason for sharp pains and tingling in the left thigh and calf muscle?

Query: Hello doctor, I had swelling and pain above my left knee and on the top of my foot this year. My mom died last year, because of that, I went to the neurologist in March and she asked me to do some exercises with my legs, and determined that I had no nerve damage and it was a muscle injury. I still...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that the sharp pains and the tingling are suggestive of a pinched nerve. Considering the location in the thigh, it could be indicative of a peroneal nerve injury. But the pain in the thigh could be suggesti...  Read Full »