Nicotine Gum

Can I use nicotex while taking treatment for psychosis and depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from psychosis, anxiety, depression and panic disorder which used to be at its peak before few months. I used to smoke seven to eight cigarettes a day. I visited a psychologist counselor and she told me to quit smoking by using nicotex every two hours. But I am scared ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akanksha Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Now, have you been diagnosed with psychosis, anxiety, panic disorder, and depression? What were the other medicines apart from nicotex gums which were prescribed to you? Was any improvement noted after taking those medicines? Now, solving your doubt. Nicotex can be ...  Read Full »

Does Nicotine gums increase blood sugar levels in a diabetic?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a diabetic. Does chewing nicotine gum will increase sugar level? Does stress in the heart increase the sugar level?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Nicotine chewing gum causes dental issues and sometimes hair loss and flushing. However, it does not increase blood sugar. So, you can take that it is 1000 times better to take nicotine chewing gum than cigarette especially once you have dia...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to smoke once a day with 9 to 10 Nicotex gums?

Query: Hello doctor, I have smoked excessively (a pack a day) for six years now. I feel the need to quit now but nothing will give me the same feeling and hit that a cigarette gives me. So I have decided to gradually reduce the habit. I have bought a pack of Nicotex and instead of quitting cold turkey, I ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My recommendations would be not to take Nicotine on regular basis. Instead of that, take it whenever you have craving for it. You may take up to 8 to 10 tablets initially, but you have to reduce that also, as few people get addicted to that also. I would recommend you ...  Read Full »

What can be done to stop smoking habit?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a smoking habit for the past eight years. How can I stop smoking? I have used Nicotex to relieve this issue. Please explain.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your post and understand your concern, Let me assure you that quitting smoking is not that difficult as people believe if you have a strong will, there are many treatment options. I would suggest some of them. You can start Bupropion sustained releas...  Read Full »