Q. Kindly explain if chewing nicotine gums increase blood sugar levels in a diabetic.

I am a diabetic. Does chewing nicotine gum will increase sugar level? Does stress in the heart increase the sugar level?

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your post. Nicotine chewing gum causes dental issues and sometimes hair loss and flushing. However, it does not increase blood sugar. So, you can take that it is 1000 times better to take nicotine chewing gum than cigarette especially once you have diabetes.

| 

Does nicotine gum cause heart disease?

#

No, absolutely not. It does not cause any heart problem except may increase heart rate.

|