Q. Kindly explain if chewing nicotine gums increase blood sugar levels in a diabetic.

Published on Oct 17, 2019

I am a diabetic. Does chewing nicotine gum will increase sugar level? Does stress in the heart increase the sugar level?

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your post. Nicotine chewing gum causes dental issues and sometimes hair loss and flushing. However, it does not increase blood sugar. So, you can take that it is 1000 times better to take nicotine chewing gum than cigarette especially once you have diabetes.

Does nicotine gum cause heart disease?

#

No, absolutely not. It does not cause any heart problem except may increase heart rate.

Diabetes - Simple Ways to Control Blood Sugar Level

Article Overview: Diabetes is spreading very fast. This article will provide an overview about how people can control their blood sugar level after adopting a healthy lifestyle. Read Article

Dr. Alka
Diabetologist

Diabetes is affecting millions of lives these days. It is a metabolic disorder in which the blood sugar of the body is in a higher range than normal. These days it is spreading very fast due to unhealthy lifestyle of people and poor eating habits. The initial symptoms of diabetes include excessive t...  Read Article

Diabetes - How Aware Are You?

Article Overview: This simple quiz is to test your knowledge about diabetes. This quiz is an easy way for one to learn diabetes management. Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal
Diabetologist

Score: In this questionnaire, how many answers you got right? 1-3 : You need to know more about diabetes. 4-6 : You need to know more about various aspects of the disease, some parts of which you already know. >6  : You just need to stay updated. Talk to your diabetologist regularly to...  Read Article

Will I get lung cancer with a 3 year history of smoking?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 17 years old and turning 16 this month. I have been smoking marijuana and cigarettes for nearly three years or maybe less. I have been feeling pressure or a bubble like feeling in my left lung. I have really bad anxiety when it comes to thinking that I have cancer. It paranoids me. I...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Lung cancer at this age is rare. Also, three years is not a duration that will lead to cancer and exposure needs to be in decades.Also, you already underwent investigation and found nothing. I think you should not be worried at this stage. Your symptoms are psychological...  Read Full