Nocturnal Erection

How to manage a nocturnal erection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 56-year-old male, and I have diabetes and high blood pressure. I take Insulin, Metformin, Atorvastatin, Amlodipine. For the last four years, when I go to bed as soon as I fall asleep, I experience constant erections with dreams like I touch my penis. It was only happening during t...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you are doing well. Coming back to your query, I would like to know, What is the dosage have you taken for Viagra and Cialis? Have you ever tried a combination of Viagra and Cialis also? What side effects you experience with the above drugs (and whether th...  Read Full »

Can diabetes be the reason for my multiple erections during sleep?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 56 years old, diabetic with high blood pressure. In the last four years, when I am sleeping I have multiples erections, dreams and not a calm night of sleep. My wife always complains and we argue because during day time I have no desires and it is very hard to have an erection an...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you will need good control of your sugar levels. It will help with the erection problem and sleep. Start a good exercise regimen and lose some weight. Also search on the internet for Kegel's exercises and do them daily. It will help strengthen the muscles at t...  Read Full »

What causes varicose veins in the penile shaft?

Query: Hi doctor About 11 weeks ago, I had unprotected sex when drunk. I have been tested and all clear. But, from the next day I had throbbing, dull ache on the penis. Then after two weeks, I realized a vein under my shaft on the right side had become inflamed. I can no longer masturbate or touch it witho...  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com, The problem seems to be acute thrombophlebitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It can be cured with a course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory agents. If the need arises, then be it can be excised with a minor surgery as well. We do not need to worry...  Read Full »

I notice hard erections when I wake up in the night. What is wrong with me?

Query: Hi doctor, I did a penile doppler test. The report says there is no evidence of calcification or irregularity. In the flaccid state, I had an artery diameter of 0.7 mm with a baseline flow of 5 cm per second. After taking Sildenafil, I had a diameter of 1.4 mm with PSV of 32 cm per second (though t...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your penile doppler test is normal as per the result. All the other parameters are normal. You do not need to worry. Please tell me the age. Watching porn and masturbation is common wit...  Read Full »

Does Troynuron SR tablet have side effects?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 52 years old, and I am hypertensive for the past 12 years and diabetic for the past seven years. I am using Tozaar 50, one tablet for my hypertension and Amaryl 1 mg, half tablet before break fast and half tablet before dinner, for my diabetes. Of late, during intercourse, I am not...  Read Full »

Dr. Murali R

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Your erectile dysfunction is due to autonomic neuropathy, meaning a dysfunction of the nerve.Troynuron SR tablet is a multivitamin combination of Methylcobalamin and Folate. It is used to treat neuropathy. There is no need to fear about its side effects.Keep sugars under...  Read Full »

I get unwanted erections in sleep. Please suggest Ayurvedic remedy.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 58 and I experience unwanted erections in sleep. There is no sexual desire despite erection. This started six months ago. This disturbs my sleep. I have to get up and wait for two to three minutes for the erection to subside. I take hypertension medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. The problem you mentioned here is very common and teenagers and adults face it frequently. At your age, it is still normal because erection is related to testosterone hormone (male sexual hormone) and your body is still producing it and when ...  Read Full »

Could BPA overexposure lead to erection problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old and have recently been having problem with erection and loss of sexual energy. These symptoms started about two months ago and have been slowly getting worse. There are several factors that I believe are contributing to this, but one in particular is exposure to BPA. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Erectile dysfunction can occur because of many reasons. The most common is psychological that is excessive stress, performance anxiety, etc. Also, smoking and alcohol are major factors contributing erectile dysfunction. If you have night erection (erection during sleep...  Read Full »