Nutrition Facts

How can people be more educated about grocery shopping?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently redesigning the common nutritional label to make it more to encouraging people to make healthier decisions while grocery shopping. I would love it if you can take a few moments to answer some of my questions below as they are important to our research and final design. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the best for your projects. I think it will take time to teach people to understand the importance of nutrition labeling but with my experience, I can answer your questions from the way I have understood by my patients. Misconception spreads mainly through advertis...  Read Full »

Which is the safest cooking oil?

Query: Hello doctor, Which oil is safe to use? There are many theories and so I am confused. Some chocolates and snacks have trans fat content as 0.01 or 0.02 % or OZ, are they safe to eat? Do you have any suggestions for chocolates and snacks brands which are healthy without toxic chemicals? Which is the...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Zade

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Soy bean, rice bran oil, peanut oil as well as olive oil are good for use. When you eat readymade chocolate and snack then trans fat is available in this food items. Healthy snacks are rice pied, muesli, dhokla, vegetable brown bread sandwich. Mid morning is good time fo...  Read Full »

Are there any special foods for common health issues in men?

Query: Hello doctor, What are all the foods men should eat every day? Kindly name them. Why they should eat it? Why men specifically should be eating those foods daily due to unique and common health issues the gender faces. i.e. men tend to be low on fiber and this packs X grams of fiber per serving. An...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Men can take: berries which are good to heart, steak prepared with lean meat to give full of protein especially for active men, dark leafy greens to get fiber and folic acid for proper functioning of metabolism. Eggs to provide lutein for boosting brain function plu...  Read Full »

What are the health benefits of okra?

Query: Hello doctor, How does the consumption of okra promote a healthy pregnancy? How does vitamin C content in okra help to reduce respiratory illnesses like asthma? What is the relationship between okra and kidney disease? How can eating okra daily help reduce kidney damage? How can okra help reduce t...  Read Full »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist, Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Okra is a vegetable with amazing health benefits. It aids bowel movements in constipation, lowers cholesterol and reduces the risk of colorectal cancer. Research shows that this vegetable has natural anti-diabetic properties. Remember that the benefits of okra are du...  Read Full »

Which is the best time to eat fruits?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to add raw onions, raw garlic, banana, pomegranate, dates, raisins with water, turmeric powder with water, lemon with peel etc., to my diet. Please suggest me the best time of the day to eat these.  Read Full »

Dr. Sarah M Alhennawy

Nutritionist, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many studies conducted on the properties of garlic show that eating it on an empty stomach makes it a powerful natural antibiotic. The best practice for onions consists of chopping or crushing them five to 15 minutes prior to eating them. The best time to eat fruits i...  Read Full »

What are the health benefits and nutrition facts of Palmyra (aka Nungu) Fruit?

Query: Hi doctor, What are the health benefits and nutrition facts of Palmyra fruit Nungu Fruit)?  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all I would like to thank you for asking such a good question. The Asian Palmyra palm or Sugar palm tree is full of healthy stuff. The health benefits of the fruit areas follows. It is a natural coolant for the body. It is known to contain Vitamins A, B-complex...  Read Full »

Is it true that dairy products are not good for us? Are the alternatives healthy?

Query: Hello doctor,Should we buy into the idea that dairy is not so great for us? Are the alternatives as healthy as we are led to believe? What about the option of just giving up milk and not trying to replace it with anything, is that a good idea? Do you have advice on choosing the best milk alternative...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The idea of quitting dairy is quite controversial. There is a lot of debate on this topic. If you are giving up milk products, you might have to replace it with some other form of protein like sprouts, nuts, etc. The alternatives to milk these days are soy milk, alm...  Read Full »

Is multigrain cereal a healthier option than the regular ones?

Query: Hi doctor,I was just wondering. I like cereal and I try to go with a healthier option that still tastes good. So I found multigrain Cheerios and I thought they would be a healthier alternative to something like Froot Loops, Lucky Charms, and other sugary cereals. I know there are healthier options l...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When it comes to the content of sugar or high fructose corn syrup or chemicals, multigrain cheerios has it in the same amount as the normal one. Another good habit to follow is to eat one grain in a meal. For example, You should not be eating rice and wheat together...  Read Full »