Oil Based Lubricants

What causes the penis skin to rip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. When I was 19 years old, I had a circumcision due to a tight foreskin. This has never been a problem until of late. There are two issues that I am suffering with. The first is on the under side of my penis when I get an erection to have sex or masturbate, where my...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I completely agree with the first problem although it is unlikely to be related to circumcision. I also feel that the underneath scar tissue is responsible for the closing of the pee hole rather than the procedure which was ...  Read Full »

Why is my vagina dry during sex?

Query: Hi doctor, Initially, before having intercourse with my husband, I used to get some secretion from my vagina and post that we used to have intercourse. But these days, I am not getting that secretion. I feel that my vagina is very tight and a lot of times, we find this issue while having intercourse...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you mean to say that you had secretions from the vagina before attempting intercourse in the past but, you are not having that in recent time? If yes, it indicates that you are not devoting sufficient time for foreplay (activities before intercourse like kissing, fo...  Read Full »

I feel pain during sex.I tried lubricants.But nothing works.

Query: Hello doctor, I feel pain during sex. It has been 5 months after my C-section. I tried lubricants during sex, like lube, vaseline and oil. But nothing works.The pain remains the same. Please suggest remedy for this issue of mine.  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.You have given very little information regarding your query as you have not mentioned your age, marital status, number of children, age when you got married, number of past surgeries (C-sections). Pain during sex has many causes. It may include past C-section also and ther...  Read Full »

The skin of my penis is peeling. Could this be a lube allergy?

Query: Hello¬†doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am uncircumcised and recently I have noticed the skin of my penis is peeling in certain areas. If I stretch the skin, it is more visible in the folds of my skin. If I rub the area with the peeling, it does not hurt or itch. I am not on any medications. I hav...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and the images you have posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have had a localized allergy to some thing you used, either a condom or the lubricant. The good thing is only the superficial layer is involved, and it will b...  Read Full »