Q. I get a skin tear at the under side of my penis when it is erect. Is it due to circumcision?

Image: I get a skin tear at the under side of my penis when it is erect.  Is it due to circumcision?

I am a 38 year old male. When I was 19 years old, I had a circumcision due to a tight foreskin. This has never been a problem until of late. There are two issues that I am suffering with. The first is on the under side of my penis when I get an erection to have sex or masturbate, where my 'banjo string' uses to be, I have a scar or skin tear (only in this area), which is then taking a couple of weeks to heal. The other issue is now when I pee, it feels like my pee hole has closed slightly causing a back pressure. I have also noticed the difference when ejaculating, as I use to be able to ejaculate quite far, but now with the restrictions; I cannot do this. I have looked at articles saying the closing of the hole does happen with circumcised men. But it is strange that it has only happened in the last six months, while I have been circumcised for 19 years. Regards.

M.B.B.S., M.D. PSYCHIATRY
Andrology, Geriatrics, Psychiatry, Psychologist/ Counsellor, Psychotherapy, Sexology

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• I completely agree with the first problem although it is unlikely to be related to circumcision. I also feel that the underneath scar tissue is responsible for the closing of the pee hole rather than the procedure which was carried away two decades back.
  • It is my common observation that high friction during sex or masturbation breaks the underneath tissue which connects glans penis with skin. The first time it occurs accidentally, but over a period, it becomes repetitive as the tissue takes time to heal completely, which is often never allowed due to either sex or masturbation.
  • Although I do not have much to offer without physically examining you, using oil-based solution during intercourse or masturbation should help you. In my opinion, the scar and break in the underneath skin are more to do with high friction rather than the procedure. I also feel that presumed closure of pee hole has more to do with the pain of scarring and scar itself which occurred over the last six months.

I hope this helps you to some extent. Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions. Thanks and regards.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Thank you for the reply. I understand it is difficult to diagnose without examining, but I am grateful for any pointers you can give me. As regards to the closing of the urethra, what do you recommend? Are there procedures to revert or cure this issue? Or is it a case of seeing my local GP and see from there.

M.B.B.S., M.D. PSYCHIATRY

• Regarding urethral opening, I will request you to observe the stream of urine. I understand that the force of ejaculation is reduced, but the most reliable thing to know potency is urine stream. If there is little change in the urinary stream, I do not think you need to worry.
  • My observation is based on the fact that force of ejaculation goes down with progress of time and when you are in pain the force of ejaculation will be further reduced.
  • I also feel that if my assumption is true (closure of opening due to scarring), the improvement in scarring must help you. There is good possibility that with reduced scarring the pressure on opening will be reduced and you may not need any further intervention. In case my assumption is not true, the only option left for correction of the problem is a surgical correction of the anomaly.

I hope this helps you further. Thanks and regards.

For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist 

Also Read Answers From

Ask a Sexologist »