Q. I get a skin tear at the under side of my penis when it is erect. Is it due to circumcision?

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary.

Do you have a question on Frenulum Tear or Masturbation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I get a skin tear at the under side of my penis when it is erect.  Is it due to circumcision?

I am a 38 year old male. When I was 19 years old, I had a circumcision due to a tight foreskin. This has never been a problem until of late. There are two issues that I am suffering with. The first is on the under side of my penis when I get an erection to have sex or masturbate, where my 'banjo string' uses to be, I have a scar or skin tear (only in this area), which is then taking a couple of weeks to heal. The other issue is now when I pee, it feels like my pee hole has closed slightly causing a back pressure. I have also noticed the difference when ejaculating, as I use to be able to ejaculate quite far, but now with the restrictions; I cannot do this. I have looked at articles saying the closing of the hole does happen with circumcised men. But it is strange that it has only happened in the last six months, while I have been circumcised for 19 years. Regards.