Q. I get a skin tear at the under side of my penis when it is erect. Is it due to circumcision?

Image: I get a skin tear at the under side of my penis when it is erect.  Is it due to circumcision?

I am a 38 year old male. When I was 19 years old, I had a circumcision due to a tight foreskin. This has never been a problem until of late. There are two issues that I am suffering with. The first is on the under side of my penis when I get an erection to have sex or masturbate, where my 'banjo string' uses to be, I have a scar or skin tear (only in this area), which is then taking a couple of weeks to heal. The other issue is now when I pee, it feels like my pee hole has closed slightly causing a back pressure. I have also noticed the difference when ejaculating, as I use to be able to ejaculate quite far, but now with the restrictions; I cannot do this. I have looked at articles saying the closing of the hole does happen with circumcised men. But it is strange that it has only happened in the last six months, while I have been circumcised for 19 years. Regards.

M.B.B.S., M.D. PSYCHIATRY
Andrology, Geriatrics, Psychiatry, Psychologist/ Counsellor, Psychotherapy, Sexology

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• I completely agree with the first problem although it is unlikely to be related to circumcision. I also feel that the underneath scar tissue is responsible for the closing of the pee hole rather than the procedure which was carried away two decades back.
  • It is my common observation that high friction during sex or masturbation breaks the underneath tissue which connects glans penis with skin. The first time it occurs accidentally, but over a period, it becomes repetitive as the tissue takes time to heal completely, which is often never allowed due to either sex or masturbation.
  • Although I do not have much to offer without physically examining you, using oil-based solution during intercourse or masturbation should help you. In my opinion, the scar and break in the underneath skin are more to do with high friction rather than the procedure. I also feel that presumed closure of pee hole has more to do with the pain of scarring and scar itself which occurred over the last six months.

I hope this helps you to some extent. Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions. Thanks and regards.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Thank you for the reply. I understand it is difficult to diagnose without examining, but I am grateful for any pointers you can give me. As regards to the closing of the urethra, what do you recommend? Are there procedures to revert or cure this issue? Or is it a case of seeing my local GP and see from there.

M.B.B.S., M.D. PSYCHIATRY

• Regarding urethral opening, I will request you to observe the stream of urine. I understand that the force of ejaculation is reduced, but the most reliable thing to know potency is urine stream. If there is little change in the urinary stream, I do not think you need to worry.
  • My observation is based on the fact that force of ejaculation goes down with progress of time and when you are in pain the force of ejaculation will be further reduced.
  • I also feel that if my assumption is true (closure of opening due to scarring), the improvement in scarring must help you. There is good possibility that with reduced scarring the pressure on opening will be reduced and you may not need any further intervention. In case my assumption is not true, the only option left for correction of the problem is a surgical correction of the anomaly.

I hope this helps you further. Thanks and regards.

For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist 

Vaseline cannot be used in conjunction with condom. Is that correct?
Query: Hi doctor, My dermatologist recommended Vaseline for any abrasions in glans penis. The area is dry and often I get chafing there, so began to use daily. However, that becomes concerned that when using condom, residue of the Vaseline cause condom latex to weaken. My penis is uncircumcised. I also had...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

The skin of my penis is peeling. Could this be a lube allergy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am uncircumcised and recently I have noticed the skin of my penis is peeling in certain areas. If I stretch the skin, it is more visible in the folds of my skin. If I rub the area with the peeling, it does not hurt or itch. I am not on any medications. I hav...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and the images you have posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have had a localized allergy to some thing you used, either a condom or the lubricant. The good thing is only the superficial layer is involved, and it will b...  Read Full »

Phimosis (Tight Foreskin): Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments
Article Overview: This article talks about the condition where the foreskin is tight and there is difficulty in retraction.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S
Urologist

The prepuce (foreskin) is a double-layered tissue that forms the anatomical covering of the glans penis in males. In certain conditions, the prepuce is too tight and does not slide over the glans and is stuck in one place, either over the tip or behind. Phimosis and Paraphimosis When the opening o ...  Read Article »

Will masturbation give rise to more acne?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having serious acne problem for almost eight years. My age is 22. I observed that when I masturbate, they occur. I will not do masturbation daily or excess. I will masturbate only twice a month. Another thing is that even though I do not do, acne comes sometimes. My face becoming...  Read Full »
Dr. Chaitra Prakash
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acne is an infection of oil secreting glands of the skin. There is no relation to masturbation. Creams like Mometasone are steroids, and they can aggravate acne. Moreover, they also cause serious side effects like facial hair, redness and fungal infection later. Even tho...  Read Full »

Why does my foreskin not coming down completely?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. I am a male. Though I have been having healthy masturbation since past 15 years or more, the head of my penis is visible only a little bit and the foreskin not fully comes down. Will that situation hamper my married life? Having sex with a condom is possible right? ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the foreskin does not retract fully, then it is difficult to perform the sexual activity because it can cause pain and can cause rupture of the frenulum. It all depends upon the severity of the condition. It is advisable that you meet a surgeon in person for an evalu...  Read Full »

Is masturbation the reason for my premature ejaculation?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, I would like to tell you that masturbation is not the reason for the problem of premature ejaculation you are having. Masturbation is a safe habit, and most of the men masturbate. Diabetes increases the risk of premature ejacu...  Read Full »

Can scar reopening after surgery cause urinary problem in hypospadias patient?
My problem is erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Kindly help.
Is there any harm to 3 months old baby due to a mobile tower?