Q. Kindly advice about the ideal moisture level of face.

Dr. Mashfika N Alam
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 15, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 20, 2019

What is the supposed oil content level? And moisture level in the face that will be considered as normal, low or high?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Both dry skin and oily skin are considered normal as long as it is not causing any problem such as premature cellular aging, wrinkles, acne, and the likes. The amount of moisture in the skin, on the other hand, has to be enough to keep your skin hydrated. So there is no definite answer to your question. I am afraid as it depends on individual skin type. As long as your skin is not breaking out in acne if you have oily skin, or getting clogged pores, you should be fine. If your skin is dry but not so much as to give you wrinkles, lines or a dull look, you should be fine. I hope this helps.

| 

Please help with itchy red rashes on the thigh.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a problem with dry skin and rashes. I have a history of atopic eczema on the neck for which I am applying Flutivate cream. 4 weeks back some red rashes started coming up with itching. I thought it is because of dry skin, so I applied coconut oil and moisturizer. The redness ha...  Read Full »

Please suggest tips for very dry skin.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 20 year old female. I have too much dry skin. I mean extra dry skin. I use almond oil and moisturizing soap, but it is not effective.  Read Full »

I missed taking the birth control pill and now have severe bleeding. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I was prescribed a birth control pill to stop an ovarian cyst about two months ago. I have been taking the pill regularly, but I missed a day. I have been sexually active. I have now been bleeding for three weeks without a stop. My doctor told me to stop taking the pill until the blee...  Read Full »