Q. Kindly advice about the ideal moisture level of face.

Dr. Mashfika N Alam
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

What is the supposed oil content level? And moisture level in the face that will be considered as normal, low or high?

Do you have a question on Oily Face or Moisturizer?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

MBBS
Family Physician General Practitioner

Both dry skin and oily skin are considered normal as long as it is not causing any problem such as premature cellular aging, wrinkles, acne, and the likes. The amount of moisture in the skin, on the other hand, has to be enough to keep your skin hydrated. So there is no definite answer to your question. I am afraid as it depends on individual skin type. As long as your skin is not breaking out in acne if you have oily skin, or getting clogged pores, you should be fine. If your skin is dry but not so much as to give you wrinkles, lines or a dull look, you should be fine. I hope this helps.

Also Read Answers From: Oily Face Moisturizer

Please help with itchy red rashes on the thigh.
Query: Hi doctor, I am having a problem with dry skin and rashes. I have a history of atopic eczema on the neck for which I am applying Flutivate cream. 4 weeks back some red rashes started coming up with itching. I thought it is because of dry skin, so I applied coconut oil and moisturizer. The redness ha...  Read Full >>
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please share in detail about the onset, progression, and duration of the rash. Is popliteal fossa (shallow depression behind knee joint) or antecubital fossa involved? What is the predominant complaint? Is it itching or burning? Do you have any rash over your thig...  Read Full

Please suggest tips for very dry skin.
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 20 year old female. I have too much dry skin. I mean extra dry skin. I use almond oil and moisturizing soap, but it is not effective.  Read Full >>
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The skin has to be moisturized well soon after a shower. Use a moisturizer which has ceramide in it like Eucerine moisturizer. Apply to body as soon as you come out of a shower. Continue using a moisturizing soap. Avoid hot shower, use warm water. Drink two to three l...  Read Full

I missed taking the birth control pill and now have severe bleeding. Please guide me.
Query: Hello¬†doctor, I was prescribed a birth control pill to stop an ovarian cyst about two months ago. I have been taking the pill regularly, but I missed a day. I have been sexually active. I have now been bleeding for three weeks without a stop. My doctor told me to stop taking the pill until the blee...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Please do not get stressed out. You are fine. All this while, you have been trying to control the symptoms of the cyst, when the real cause of this cyst, which is anovulation is still present. Let me explain. You are not pregnant. I say this becau...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now