Oligohydramnios

After a natural vaginal miscarriage, when is it safe to have sex?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife had a miscarriage at 22 weeks. It was our first baby. Evacuation was normal delivery. After how long can we have sex? She has completed her two periods. Please guide.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After a natural vaginal miscarriage, the uterus generally takes around three months to return back to its pre-pregnant state. However, the bleeding usually stops in a week. So, it is advised that pregnancy should not be planned any time before a gap of next th...  Read Full »

The 25th week pregnancy scan showed oligohydramnios and IUGR. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 weeks and two days pregnant. I had an ultrasound at 20 weeks, and everything was normal. However, with time, I noticed there was little or no movement, and the baby's movement was more like a ball rolling in a difficult position. So, my doctor sent me for an ultrasound at the thir...  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan. R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me put forth few facts about pregnancy and baby growth. The growth of the baby is progressive, but if it stops at some stage, that amount of growth cannot be regained. Some reason has been missed by the doctor during the pregnancy monitoring. There could be many...  Read Full »