Olmesartan

Is it safe to stop Olmezest on my own for blood pressure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 60-year-old non-diabetic woman. I am married with a daughter. I had a hysterectomy operation. I am hypertensive and was on Asomex 2.5 mg for the last three years. But taking Asomex 2.5 mg, my BP level fluctuated and sometimes it even increased to about 170/90. I am unable to tak...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may stop Olmezest if BP falls. You will likely need another antihypertensive along with Asomex 2.5 which is not enough for you and we will not be able to increase it due to side effects. Olmezest takes some time for its full action so when it achieves its full acti...  Read Full »

Is this treatment sufficient for stroke?

Query: Hi doctor, I had MR angiography of brain vessels. No flow of signals are noted in basilar and left posterior cerebral arteries. And a very minimal faint flow signal is noted in the right posterior cerebral artery. I have attached my MRA, current medication list and blood test reports for your refer...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attachments as well as the MRA report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From these, I can find that the patient has suffered from a stroke. Stroke is actually a problem in brain that arises because the blood vessels supplying blood to the...  Read Full »

My ECG shows RBBB, but no abnormality was found in echo. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I am suffering from acidity problem and hypertension. My SGPT 107, SGOT 112, bilirubin 1.1 and fasting blood sugar 83 mg/dL. All other blood test reports like lipid profile and uric acid are normal. My USG report is normal. My ECG shows RBBB and no abnormality found in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which are quite acceptable. Liver enzyme up to three times of upper limit is fine. Your BMI (body mass index) also fine as it is less than 25. RBBB (right bundle branch block) is usually benign in...  Read Full »

What is the role of aldosterone in controlling BP?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got high blood pressure, low potassium and vitamin D levels. Also, my aldosterone level is very low that is almost non-existent. I think low aldosterone is supposed to cause low blood pressure. I am wondering once I start the low aldosterone treatment will my blood pressure, potass...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. You are right. Hyperaldosteronism causes hypertension with low potassium. But, in your case the things are opposite. That means the high BP is not related to aldosterone levels. You might be having an entity called essential hypertension. Low vitamin D level...  Read Full »

What changes have to be done to control BP?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 58 years old. She has high BP problem since last six years. She is taking Amlong-A tablet daily from then and everything was fine. For the last two months, she has been diagnosed with high BP three to four times. We went through all blood and urine tests. Once a few pus cell...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Maroti Celerio Mandurke

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you check her kidney for creatinine? Is it high? What is her weight? Yes, blood pressure treatment is not a one day job. For her age, I will target blood pressure around 140/90 mmHg. Occasionally, 150 mmHg of blood pressure is fine. Control of weight gai...  Read Full »

Are these medicines sufficient to control hypertension?

Query: Hi doctor, For controlling my hypertension, I was prescribed Benicar 40/12.5 mg once in the morning, Amlodipine 5 mg twice a day and Clonidine once in the evening. These were prescribed after ECG and blood work. Even, after taking the medication, my BP is usually 160/85 mmHg. What to do further...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to highlight a few important points here: Amlodipine should be used once daily. Instead of taking 5 mg twice daily you should take 10 mg once daily, which is the maximum dose. Clonidine on the other side can actually cause rebound hypertension, which ca...  Read Full »

Is it a must to get angiography for cough and fast breathing?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 62 years old. She is under regular medicine for BP. Since five years she is taking Olmy-D 20 mg and Cilapam plus at night. She is suffering from prolonged cough and fast breathing after long walk and climbing stairs. I am attaching her recent ECG, echo and x-ray reports. Pl...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Valecha

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mom is hypertensive. On Olmy-D (Olmesartan), if her blood pressure is controlled then the treatment is fine. Cilapam (Escitalopram) is for anxiety (grossly). Is she having chest pain like symptom on exertion or at rest? If no then no need of GTN (Nitroglycerine). Che...  Read Full »