HomeAnswersUrologyoral sexI have got a wart on the base of my penis which does not bleed or pain. What to do?

How to get rid of a wart on the penis?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 9, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 18, 2024

Patient's Query

I have got a wart or pimple-like appearance on the base of my penis. There is no bleeding, pain, or itching. They become prominent after shaving. I am sexually active and have safe vaginal sex only. I have received oral sex without protection many times. Do I need to worry?

Please help.

Answered by Dr. Madhav Tiwari

I understood your concern.

I went through your images (the attachments removed to protect the patient's identity).

The images seem to suggest that you have developed Fordyce spots. These are harmless swellings of the sweat glands on the penile skin. They are not sexually transmitted, and you cannot spread them to your partner, via intercourse or oral sex. If they are not causing you any harm, it is best to leave them alone.

If you are bothered by the cosmetic appearance, getting them lasered off would be an option, but they can always reappear at another location on a different date.

Best wishes.

Thanks and regards.

Patient's Query

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I never had such an outbreak before on my penis, so I am a bit worried. Actually, I want to know if I receive oral sex from a sex worker without a condom, how risky it will be. Is it ok to wash the penis with soap after oral sex?

Please help.

Answered by Dr. Madhav Tiwari

Receiving oral sex from someone you are not regularly sexually active with is risky. However, the current lesions do not look like they are sexually transmitted. As I said these look like Fordyce spots which are noncancerous and noncontagious. They may keep on growing or may not spread anymore at all. There is no way for us to determine that.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and regards.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Madhav Tiwari
Dr. Madhav Tiwari

General Surgery

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

oral sexgenital warts

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Urology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy