Oral Ulcer

I have sores on tongue with pus like covering. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have two sores on my tongue. The sores have a clear to yellow pus like covering on them. What can it be? Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Rachna

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sores can heal better by avoiding acidic or highly salty foods and any other substances that are irritating. An anesthetic such as Lidocaine may be used as a mouth rinse. Sucralfate and Aluminum-magnesium antacids can be soothing when applied alone. Some mouth ...  Read Full »

What is the painless black crack inside cheek in a smoker?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a black type of a crack on the inside of my cheek and lips, no pain, a bit of irritation, and kind of like a small bump. I am a daily smoker and drink occasionally. I noticed it only a week ago. I have been smoking for five years and drinking ocassionally these years.  Read Full »

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is an ulcer caused due to biting (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Apply Orafast gel on that and it will heal in 3 to 4 days. That is not an issue but please do not smoke. You know the complications of smoking. It is hard to stop a habit but if we t...  Read Full »

What is foliate papillitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old female, who has an inflamed looking foliate papillae on right side of the tongue towards the back, it has been like this for more than three weeks now. It has not gotten better or worse, pretty much looks the same. It creates this feeling of something stuck in the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lesion on the tongue (attachment removed to protect patient identity) appears to be an ulcerative lesion. You should get yourself examined by an ENT specialist because I think a biopsy might be required. As you might have taken antibiotics for tooth infection, the t...  Read Full »

What are the ulcers that come and go in different sites inside mouth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have something in my mouth on my tongue. Sometimes it is inside my cheeks as well. It comes and goes in different spots.  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mostly these things are fungal ulcers. Repeated attacks means low immunity which appears after emotional and psychological stress. Are these ulcers painful or tender for foods and drinks? Do you have reflux? Do you have psychological stress? Anyway until answering my...  Read Full »

Is drinking nail polish remover dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about the side effects of ingesting a small amount of nail polish remover. Here is the scenario. My girlfriend used the nail polish remover on her hands to take off her polish. Immediately after that, we were making out. So, I kind of sucked her fingers and nails. I ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This amount of ingestion of nail polish removal followed by rinsing is not going to cause any ill effects to you except, a change in taste for a few days and oral ulcerations maximum. I do not find any reason to worry. If you have any further queries please ask me. For...  Read Full »

What is the bump on the underside of the tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, I have developed a large, hard lump on the underside of my tongue. It is grayish white in color and does not hurt at all. It feels like a hard ball in my tongue. Also, I have other small red bumps. I do not know how long they have been there and I just noticed it before two days. These ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hard lump under your tongue is mostly inflammation which usually gets very hard due to the structure of tongue. The bumps are formed when the inflamed tongue presses against the teeth causing that particular pattern.The inflammation of tongue usually becomes very h...  Read Full »

I have an ulcer behind the wisdom tooth. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, From the last three months, I have a constant pain on the right side of my mouth. I believe the pain was similar to when someone has an erupting wisdom tooth, but I am not 100 % sure. When I looked in the mirror with a flashlight, I found a tiny white spot in the area between my right ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tinu Thampy

Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Dentist, Oral Implantologist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. I have seen all the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is nothing to worry. It is a healing traumatic keratitis. As per the given picture, your lower wisdom tooth was not in the correct position. The normal ...  Read Full »

Why am I having white spots on gums?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a small white dot on my gums. It looks like a whitehead. I noticed it a couple of days ago. It is painless. It is just above my left canine. I do not know what it is. It is towards the top of the gum. I have attached the photo. Can you suggest what it could be? I am scared of the de...  Read Full »

Dr. Paras Angrish

Dentist, Pedodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like a minor aphthous ulcer, which gives no pain and subsides by itself. Please check if there is any pus discharge, pain in the tooth and any other area of the mouth also has this kind of spots. Aphthous ulcer often causes minimal symptoms or problems. Oral u...  Read Full »

I have a white raised ulcer in gums. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have an ulcer on top of the tooth on the gums (a white raised ulcer). Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is not an ulcer, infact it is big pus boil that has occurred due to some infection in your underlying tooth. You should start with an antibiotic regime immediately and get it treated. Most probably root canal treatment and scaling will be done of teeth under question...  Read Full »

How can I manage painful swollen gums with ulcers caused by excessive brushing?

Query: Hello doctor, After trying to fix my general teeth and gums, I have managed to get rid of the yellow plaque after a few days. However, after brushing gums excessively, ulcers have appeared, and my gums have swollen slightly and are very painful. I was wondering how to fix them and how long it will t...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, you have gum infection (gingivitis). It is common and curable. First thing if there is any hard deposit then you should see your dentist for a professional dental cleaning. Maintain proper oral hygiene like two times brushing, flossing at least once a day, do...  Read Full »