Osteochondritic Lesion Of Talus (olt)

Can you please explain my ankle MRI report?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. I have ankle pain for the last nine months. But, I have no problem in walking. My ankle x-ray is fine. The MRI report summary is as follows: Subchondral cystic changes seen in the medial and lateral aspect of talar dome with adjacent marrow edema and overlying hyp...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have some bone edema and osteochondral fragment. If you just take normal painkillers, then it will take three to four months for your pain to reduce. So, you require a special injection called Zoledronic acid, which is usually used for osteoporosis. It has an addition...  Read Full »

Is pain and swelling common after arthroscopic surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I did hurt my ankle 2 years ago then went for an MRI 11 months back. The following month I had an arthroscopic surgery (OCD MTD). Now, even after nine months it still swells up, painful and I do not have full range of motion. It hurts a lot when I run or jump. I have been doing physio...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and the MRI reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You had an osteochondritic lesion of talus (OLT) reputed last year, the fresh MRI shows that the repair done is perfectly fine with no signs of osteoarthritis of ...  Read Full »