Q. What are the odds of survival in ovarian cancer?

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

My mother was just diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She underwent a hysterectomy and the pathology report, to my understanding, reads T3b NO MO. She is 72. What can you tell me about this and what are the survival odds? They said she will be treated with chemo for five to six months once a week.

#

It looks like FIGO stage III ovarian cancer. I need to know the histopathological type of this tumor. Does she have any co-morbidity like diabetes, hypertension, etc? Any family history of cancer?

This tumor needs chemotherapy intravenous and maybe peritoneal chemotherapy depending upon the response and extension of peritoneal involvement.

Overall, this tumor initially responds to chemotherapy. But, the recurrence rate is very high and also chemotherapy-induced toxicity mainly neuropathy is significant in this age group.

For more information consult a medical oncologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist

|