Q. Please check my reports and tell me if it is cancer or not.

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Hello doctor,

I am a 67 year old male patient. My report says 'neuroendocrine tumor well-differentiated benign against a background of chronic duodenitis.' Kindly let me know whether it is cancer or not. I have no other health problems.

#

• Ki-67 is not done yet. That information is required to say if it has malignant cancer potential. Kindly ask the lab to perform the same.

For more information consult a medical oncologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist

I am sending IHC markers report. Kindly let me know whether it is cancer or a normal one and whether it is a major or minor problem and if it is permanently curable. I am sending all the reports. Please let me know in detail.

#

I have gone through all the reports attached by you.

• The Ki-67 is 19 percent. So, it will be classified as a neuroendocrine neoplasm. Kindly note that above 20 percent it is classified as carcinoma requiring chemo. Since it below 20, a close watch can be considered.
  • But you should undergo staging workup such as CT scan of abdomen, pelvis, and chest as a baseline.

|