iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersMedical oncologyneuroendocrine tumorKindly check my reports. Do I suffer from cancer or not?

Please check my reports and tell me if it is cancer or not.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Sivanath

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 21, 2017
Reviewed AtFebruary 6, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am a 67-year-old male patient. My report says, "neuroendocrine tumor well-differentiated benign against a background of chronic duodenitis." Kindly let me know whether it is cancer or not. I have no other health problems.

Answered by Dr. sivanath


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Ki-67 is not done yet. That information is required to say if it has malignant cancer potential. Kindly ask the lab to perform the same.

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

I am sending the IHC markers report. Kindly let me know whether it is cancer or a normal one, whether it is a major or minor problem, and if it is permanently curable. I am sending all the reports. Please let me know in detail.

Answered by Dr. sivanath


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I have gone through all the reports attached by you.

The Ki-67 is 19 percent. So, it will be classified as a neuroendocrine neoplasm. Kindly note that above 20 percent it is classified as carcinoma requiring chemo. Since it below 20, a close watch can be considered. But you should undergo staging workup such as CT scan of abdomen, pelvis, and chest as a baseline.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. sivanath
Dr. sivanath

Internal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Medical oncology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy