Q. Will ovarian cysts cause vaginal discharge and abdominal cramps?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I was diagnosed with cysts on my ovaries nine months back. Still, my periods used to occur regularly every month, but last month I had a pregnancy scare as I was 18 days late on my period, but I have been experiencing bad stomach cramps since last week and have been getting a discharge.

#

Thanks for writing in and I understand your concern.

I had gone through the images (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). I would appreciate it if you could share the report taken nine months back, where you were diagnosed with cysts, so that I can get the details of the cysts, such as the size, type, etc. I will also request you to share the details of your weight. Although it is normal to have spotting between periods and mild pain with cysts, if the pain is affecting your routine, you will have to start taking certain medicines, which act as birth control pills.

I suggest you the following for relief;

1. Avoid fatty food.

2. Avoid aerated drinks.

3. Brisk walking for one hour every day.

4. Mild exercises.

5. Try to keep weight under control.

Kindly revert if you have any queries.

|