Q. I bled during ovulation time and proceeded insemination. Could I be pregnant now?

Dr. Sabita Laskar

My periods was two weeks late. Since I have irregular periods I was not shocked. I ended up taking an ovulation test that came back saying I was in my peak and hours later I got my period. However, I still went through with my insemination and the next day my period was gone. Is it possible that I could be pregnant?

#

The bleeding you have experienced may not be due to your period at all. As your ovulation kit suggested that you are at your peak, it means your ovulation was due at any moment. Many a time during the release of the egg there is bleeding. As the egg is released, the holding follicle ruptures. Sometimes the wall of the follicle is vascular enough to cause mild to moderate bleeding, which is picked up by the tubes and present as vaginal bleeding. It may last from two hours to two days.

So, in my opinion, you were probably experiencing ovulation bleeding and the good thing that you went ahead with insemination.

|