Q. I bled during ovulation time and proceeded insemination. Could I be pregnant now?

Dr. Sabita Laskar

My periods was two weeks late. Since I have irregular periods I was not shocked. I ended up taking an ovulation test that came back saying I was in my peak and hours later I got my period. However, I still went through with my insemination and the next day my period was gone. Is it possible that I could be pregnant?

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The bleeding you have experienced may not be due to your period at all. As your ovulation kit suggested that you are at your peak, it means your ovulation was due at any moment. Many a time during the release of the egg there is bleeding. As the egg is released, the holding follicle ruptures. Sometimes the wall of the follicle is vascular enough to cause mild to moderate bleeding, which is picked up by the tubes and present as vaginal bleeding. It may last from two hours to two days.

So, in my opinion, you were probably experiencing ovulation bleeding and the good thing that you went ahead with insemination.

| 

Is it safe to take Aspirin after 30 weeks of pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in my 25th week of pregnancy which is post IUI. I am also a thyroid patient and on Thyroxine. I am taking Aspirin ASA 50 mg, calcium and protein supplements in the form of tablet and syrup. I am taking capsule MCBM DHA for Folic Acid. I would like to get your valuable advice on the f...  Read Full »

Why am I getting frequent bacterial infection in vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I was not having periods on my own. They use to be so uncontrollable and the doctor kept saying wait 10 years and I took myself off all medications that she gave me and went two years without any. I am 27 and I am back to having regular menstruation every month. They not on the same d...  Read Full »

I have PCOS, is it necessary to do IVF with ICSI?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old female, and I weigh 57 kg. I am work in a bank, which keeps me out of home from 9 AM to 7 PM. I was diagnosed with PCOS, and I have a 1.5 mm intramural fibroid on the posterior wall of the uterus since two years. I am taking Glyciphage SR 500 since then, and it has kep...  Read Full »