Ovulation Kit

Is it possible to get pregnant by home insemination after bleeding for a while during ovulation?

Query: Hello doctor, My periods was two weeks late. Since I have irregular periods I was not shocked. I ended up taking an ovulation test that came back saying I was in my peak and hours later I got my period. However, I still went through with my insemination and the next day my period was gone. Is it po...  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bleeding you have experienced may not be due to your period at all. As your ovulation kit suggested that you are at your peak, it means your ovulation was due at any moment. Many a time during the release of the egg there is bleeding. As the egg is released, th...  Read Full »

I had a positive ovulation test. Is there a chance of pregnancy in this cycle?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a positive urine ovulation predictor kit test before four days. I visited the clinic for a follicular scan on that day, and I believe there was a rupture of the follicle. I want to know if I have fertile days left after follicle ruptures or there is no chance? We did not have in...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Follicle rupture is the right time for planned intercourse. So please go ahead and plan for pregnancy. However, if you have a doubt, then get back to me. Take care  Read Full »

How to know the ovulation period if the cycle is irregular?

Query: Hi doctor, I need help in understanding an ovulation period. My last period began around 23 or 24. My period lasts approximately for 6 to 7 days, and my cycle is sometimes irregular and it will be 30-32 days. Can you help me determine my ovulation period? I am currently on Blisovi Fe 1.5/30.  Read Full »

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you know that the medicine you are taking (for whatever reason) is an oral contraceptive pill. These medicines prevent ovulation, so no period of ovulation. Now let us consider, as if you are not taking medicine, and have irregular cycles. Calculating from the f...  Read Full »

Can the lower abdomen pain be due to ovulation?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two days, I am feeling a mild pain on my lower abdomen and having a feeling that my bowels are not getting cleared. I had my last period about two months back. My periods have become irregular since then. Last month, I got examined and was detected having a uterine fibroid...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best way to check for an ovulation pain or mittelschmerz is to check for LH (luteinizing hormone) surge with an ovulation kit. If the test is positive, then you are likely to ovulate or have ovulated already. The pain can also be due to submucosal fibroid. I sugge...  Read Full »

Is cervical mucus an important criteria for fertility?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive. I have very less cervical mucus. Am I infertile? Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Consistency of cervical mucus is not a criteria of infertility. For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist  Read Full »

There is no ovulation in spite of raising the dosage of Clomid. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking Clomid since early this year. I started with 50 mg and there was no ovulation. So, then I took 100 mg and again no ovulation. Now, I am on 150 mg and according to the OPK, I ovulated on the 17th. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel different. I have a pulling pain ...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? As you mentioned, it is too early to diagnose pregnancy even in the blood. Had you ovulated on the 17th as you say, it would have reached the tube on that day. Let us say, the sperm too had reached at the same time and formed an embryo, it would stay...  Read Full »

If my period is on 9th, when will I ovulate?

Query: Hi doctor, If my period ends on the 9th of the month,  when do I ovulate for me to get pregnant? I think I am having unprotected sex at the wrong time. I do not know the right time. My period always skips two days each month. I am also taking prenatal vitamins to help me get pregnant  Read Full »

Dr. Sharmila Naik

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many important factors for a pregnancy to get established, like a favourable endometrium along with not only the proper timing of coitus. Also, prenatal vitamins will prevent any congenital disabilities in the baby and do not help to get pregnant. Do continue...  Read Full »