Q. What is the chance of pregnancy with single embryo transfer?

Dr. Sweta Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2021

I am a 32 year old female. Both the ovaries are 10 cc, polycystic and AMH 7.31. My husband is 33 years old and has erection issues. The doctor suggested IUI, but husband's motile sperm count only 10 million. The doctor advised going for IVF with ICSI. Can I go for single embryo transfer? I also have 1.5 cm intramural fibroid on the posterior wall of the uterus. What is the chance of pregnancy with single embryo transfer?

#

• I see that you are around 9 kg overweight, so please try to lose excess weight. It will help your egg quality to become much better. Even if you lose 5 kg, it will help you a lot.
  • The fibroid should not interfere with conception.
  • I suggest you take your husband to a urologist to find out the cause of his erection trouble. It will be more helpful than anything else.

For further information consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

Madam,
with reference to my earlier mail would like to mention I did IUI on 8/04/2017 and 9/04/17 with motile sperm count 10 milion after wash for husband(which clinic told too less and suggested us IVF with ICSI).

I was put on dubagest 300 from 9/04/2017 till 23/04/17 and told to take urine test on 24/04/2017.From the past 2 days I have been feeling mild cramping (lower abdomen), sometimes very mildish but sharp pains on both left and right side of lower abdomen but not both simultaneosuly.

I am very very worried if I am suffering from ectopic pregnancy or not(i have not faced any bleeding but very mild period like cramps).

Is there any life threat for myself .Pls suggest ? what should i do immediately?the pains are not interfering with my daily life.

MY LAST LMP was 28/03/2017.

I have some more queries

IF i go for IVF with ICSI can i have single embryo transfer?

Do I need to take bed rest in case of IVF pregnancy?

My husband have errection issues , which could not be solved with medicines and also no test of him has been found negative except low motile sperm count(while IUI also he had to masturbate 2 times per session for preparing enough sample)
# hi
I still maintain that the sperm count is more than adequate for iui
regarding ectopic pregnancy to find out if u are having it u need to do a blood test namely the serum beta hcg test to find out. it needs to be done every 48hrs.
whether or not u can have single embryo transfer depends on ur finances and the quality of the embryos.
you don't need to be on bedrest if u get pregnant whether by Ivf or otherwise. it actually depends on several factors in the pregnancy it self some of which can't be predicted beforehand.
Madam pls refer to my earlier mails.I did iui on 8.04.17 and 9.04.17 with 10 million motile sperm count.i was suggested one dose of dubagest 300 from 9.4.17 to 23.4.17 and 24.4.17 i.e tomorrow my hpt test.but from today morning i.e.23.04.17 i am having bleeding with good cramping.

My queries are

1.my course of dubagest not finished yet still having bleeding.is it early miscarriage?my last lmp was 28.3.17 and how can i have period on 23.4.17.i found one small clot coming out
# it's unlikely to be an early miscarriage.most probably it is ur menses. pls do the test i suggested in the previous consultation I.e the serum beta hcg in order to be sure of the same.
But my point is doctor my dubagest dose is still on how can i have period now?period happens when progesterone level falls na?why so much pain and cramping and watery blood suddenly in the mid of night.sorry to say but i did the mistake of doing clitoral stimulation yesterday even though very gently do to which i had orgasm and after that mild pain started.i had done this thing before but never such thing happened
# again it could be either. for knowing what the cause is pls do the test as without that no one can correctly predict the cause.

|