Oxycodone

Can Oxycodone affect the fetus if taken during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My last period was before a month. Yesterday, I took Oxycodone 15 mg. I realized that I am pregnant today. I got a positive result on the pregnancy test. I have taken opiates for pain before two days. I am planning to consult a doctor. But I want to know whether my fetus is fine.   Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have taken Oxycodone for pain. As it is your early pregnancy, do not take them on regular basis or like every day. I do not think that it would cause defects in the baby. You can take a scan and it is too early as of now. Kindly consult a doctor for changing you...  Read Full »

I am having suicidal thoughts and nervous breakdown. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I was injured at work before four years and till date I have not received any treatment. In the course of trying to get medical help, I have been suffering with severe pain and have been on strong pain medication for over three years. I also had two surgeries earlier for disc herniation. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern Please try to accept that depression is an illness like any other medical illness. In depression a lot of individuals develop paranoid ideation and even delusions. Sometimes, these paranoid ideas, develop against close family members or f...  Read Full »

Is there any recommendations to fix arm pain after titanium reconstruction for multiple fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a compound fracture of both the radial and ulnar forearm bones that resulted in two bones sticking out of my arm, torn ligaments and muscle, and nerve damage. I had the arm reconstructed with titanium and it has been two years since then. To this day, I still have nerve pai...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint and seen your pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I feel sad that you had to undergo such a procedure and pain. Since you have chronic pain I would suggest you to use opioid analgesics like Oxycontin (Oxycodon...  Read Full »

How long can I take Ibuprofen for pain from broken ribs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old female, and I fell 10 days back and broke one or two ribs. The only thing that brings any relief is Ibuprofen 800 mg. I need to know how often and for how long can I take Ibuprofen? I tried Oxycodone 10 mg, but it does not work that well. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Ibuprofen is a strong painkiller, it should not often be taken, as it has many side effects like gastritis, liver and kidney damage. But in initial days of pain following rib fracture, pain is actually very severe. I suggest you try doing the following: Tram...  Read Full »

How long can I expect the shoulder pain to last after rotator cuff repair?

Query: Hello doctor, I had arthroscopy surgery of my right shoulder approximately five weeks ago. The surgeon repaired a rotator cuff tear, labrum tear, released one bicep tendon and did not reattach it, and subacromial decompression. The pain is still intense, and I am taking Oxycodone. I just started pas...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, arthroscopic shoulder rotator cuff repairs can be quite a difficult task post-operatively especially, after the physiotherapy is started. The pain and stiffness usually get better after a month of starting physiotherapy. So, rest after surgery combined with physiot...  Read Full »