Oxycodone

Can Oxycodone affect the fetus if taken during pregnancy?

Query: I took 15mg Oxycodone yesterday and the day before and realized I’m pregnant today. I just tested positive on a pregnancy test, I had taken opiates for pain two days ago. I see a dr after a couple of days, but I want to know if fetus will likely be ok.  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Dear, Good morning. firstly congratulations on your pregnancy and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy. I fully understand that you had to take Oxycodone for your certain problems most probably some pain etc. see it's your early pregnancy and unless you are addicted to it and don't use it on re...  Read Full »

I am having suicidal thoughts and nervous breakdown. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I was injured at work before four years and till date I have not received any treatment. In the course of trying to get medical help, I have been suffering with severe pain and have been on strong pain medication for over three years. I also had two surgeries earlier for disc herniation. ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern Please try to accept that depression is an illness like any other medical illness. In depression a lot of individuals develop paranoid ideation and even delusions. Sometimes, these paranoid ideas, develop against close family members or f...  Read Full »

Is there any recommendations to fix arm pain after titanium reconstruction for multiple fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a compound fracture of both the radial and ulnar forearm bones that resulted in two bones sticking out of my arm, torn ligaments and muscle, and nerve damage. I had the arm reconstructed with titanium and it has been two years since then. To this day, I still have nerve pai...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint and seen your pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I feel sad that you had to undergo such a procedure and pain. Since you have chronic pain I would suggest you to use opioid analgesics like Oxycontin (Oxycodon...  Read Full »

Had Oxycodone with alcohol and ended up with worst panic attack. Could Oxycodone affect brain?

Query: Hi doctor, I took Oxycodone and mixed it with alcohol two months ago. I did not drink a lot but ended up with the worst panic attack. I did not go to the hospital. A week later, everything was fine, but I had some stressful events in my life. Now, I am experiencing anxiety, and it is not controllab...  Read Full »

Dr. Amritagarwal

Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not due to Oxycodone because its plasma half-life is 4 to 5 hours. It is completely eliminated or metabolized by the body after 12 hours, so there is no question of the previous drug causing such anxiety episodes. I would suggest you consult a physician or to tak...  Read Full »

How long can I take Ibuprofen for pain from broken ribs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old female, and I fell 10 days back and broke one or two ribs. The only thing that brings any relief is Ibuprofen 800 mg. I need to know how often and for how long can I take Ibuprofen? I tried Oxycodone 10 mg, but it does not work that well. Thank you.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Ibuprofen is a strong painkiller, it should not often be taken, as it has many side effects like gastritis, liver and kidney damage. But in initial days of pain following rib fracture, pain is actually very severe. I suggest you try doing the following: Tram...  Read Full »

Are there any permanent side-effects of Percoset?

Query: Hello doctor, If prescribed Percoset (5/325) and reversion back to regular Acetaminophen, is there even a slight chance that the oxy component of the Percoset could be triggered since Percoset side effects can be permanent even with one use?  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acetaminophen is safe compared to Percoset. Single use of Percoset never causes permanent side effects. The side effect caused by a single dose (such as loss of appetite and difficulty in emptying bladder) will be for one day only. Once the amount of drug gets excreted ...  Read Full »

How long can I expect the shoulder pain to last after rotator cuff repair?

Query: Hello doctor, I had arthroscopy surgery of my right shoulder approximately five weeks ago. The surgeon repaired a rotator cuff tear, labrum tear, released one bicep tendon and did not reattach it, and subacromial decompression. The pain is still intense, and I am taking Oxycodone. I just started pas...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, arthroscopic shoulder rotator cuff repairs can be quite a difficult task post-operatively especially, after the physiotherapy is started. The pain and stiffness usually get better after a month of starting physiotherapy. So, rest after surgery combined with physiot...  Read Full »