Q. After a fall, how to make sure that my pacemaker is working properly?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 14, 2021

I have got inserted a pacemaker before three years. Two weeks ago, I had a fall, and the pacemaker hit on the floor. A week later, suddenly my pacemaker gave a beep sound, and my heart started beating faster, and I was about to get unconscious. When my brother took me to the hospital, the doctors told that the pacemaker would not beep. But, I am sure it beeped, and after that, I had uncomfortable heart rhythms and a sharp pain in my chest. It happened only once. Can you please tell me what I should do now?

#

• The pacemaker can certainly beat, and I do not know which one you have received.
  • The next step is the interrogation of pacemaker and magnet ECG. You can get magnet ECG done, which will tell whether pacing is normal or not.
  • Also, you will need pacemaker interrogation to detect any abnormalities you have in your heart.
  • Beeping may be because of change in threshold or a slight change in lead position due to fall. You can contact company personnel or your doctor for interrogation.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|