Irregular Heartbeat

Irregular heartbeat, otherwise called arrhythmia, can make the heartbeat too fast or too slow or not even. The types of irregular heartbeats are tachycardia (the heart beats too fast), atrial fibrillation (upper chambers of the heart beat irregularly), bradycardia (slow heart rate), atrial flutter (the right upper heart chamber beats irregularly), and ventricular fibrillation (lower chambers of the heart do not pump blood efficiently).

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have chest pains and a swollen lymph node under my jaw. What can it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have irregular heartbeats, chest pain, and pain under the ribs on both the sides. It is not exactly like pain, but more of a discomfort. Sometimes, I get a short stabbing pain either on the left or the right side under my ribs, and it also feels something is moving or gets squeezed ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sadaf Mustafa

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The probable causes are:Strep throat. Pharyngeal gonorrhea. Tuberculous lymphadenitis, etc.To come to a definite diagnosis, please consult a nearby physician.For more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->  Read Full »

Why is there irregular heartbeat with chest and shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old female, no current medications, no known conditions, family history of many different heart problems on both maternal and paternal sides, seen by a cardiologist for bigeminy and irregular heartbeat over the summer, palpations still happen pretty often, chest and sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Carlos L. Alviar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to What you have is called premature ventricular contractions (AKA PVCs), which are extra beats coming from the bottom chamber of the heart and in some occasions they present in every other beat (what is called ventricular bigeminy) (attachment removed to protect patient ide...  Read Full »

I have been experiencing severe heartburn after taking 54 mg of Concerta yesterday while smoking weed. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I took 54 mg of Concerta yesterday while smoking weed. I slept off for three to four hours, and today I woke up, drank a big cup of black coffee, and went to school. I was feeling very low, so I took one tablet of Sulpiride, which did not help me, so I took one more at two or three o clock...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to It is good that you are taking help from a psychiatrist. It would be best if you stopped smoking cigarettes and weed. It will increase heartburn. You are on 54mg of Concerta, a high dose. You must avoid caffeine, smoking cigarettes, and weed. Taking all of these togeth...  Read Full »

Is Electrophysiological study necessary for heartbeat irregularities?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male, and I have a heart condition from when I was three years old. My heartbeats get very fast all of a sudden. What is the name of my heart problem? The ECG report was not normal. I am taking ayurvedic medicines for this problem. A doctor told me to get a surgery ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your heart condition is a cardiac arrhythmia, which is called PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia), in which heart rate suddenly goes up and also suddenly decreases. The blood pressure falls during these episodes, and one has dizziness, fainting, blackouts...  Read Full »

Can a normal person take Potassium Chloride tablets for good working of the heart?

Query: Hi doctor, Can a normal person take Potassium Chloride (99 mg) tablet for good working of the heart? I sometimes feel a sudden change in my heartbeat. Will this tablet help to rectify that? What are the side effects of the above mentioned tablet? I have started taking it just three days before and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu Sharma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to No, Potassium chloride should not be taken without measuring serum potassium levels on daily or alternate day basis. Potassium is a highly toxic electrolyte component of blood. The increased level of potassium can cause skipped beats. It can cause palpitation a...  Read Full »

Why does my heartbeat keep randomly fluctuating and increasing?

Query: Hello doctor, I have fluctuating heartbeats, and sometimes it gets faster and more random. I have got my ECG and 2D echocardiogram done. I do not have a previous history of this issue, and I am currently on medications for arthritis. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Valecha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Your current ECG (electrocardiogram) is quite normal, with no rate, rhythm, or abnormality seen. However, your 2D echocardiography shows some changes, possibly due to hypertension. T...  Read Full »

I am suffering from irregular heartbeat for a year. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have been experiencing irregular heartbeat since a year. I consulted a doctor who suggested to undergo ECG (echocardiography) which I repeated after sometimes before taking any medicine. Thereafter, doctor asked to put me on a Holter, after that they transferred me for electrophysiol...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have checked your report (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). ECG (electrocardiogram) is normal. Please share Holter and echocardiography reports. Kindly share the electrophysiologic study report. Please share if you have any other underlying medi...  Read Full »

I have had high blood pressure with forceful heartbeats. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old. I have had high blood pressure readings for several years. It has been as high as 170/110 mm of Hg. Recently I consulted a doctor, and he said it may be because of my anxiety issues. I have heavy heartbeats, not fast, but hard. My resting pulse is around 70 bpm, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. You should control your blood pressure with medication and lifestyle adjustments. For that, I suggest the following. 1. Take a low-salt diet. Include green leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet. 2. Consult a physic...  Read Full »

I am experiencing infrequent heart flutters and skipped beats which are not resolving on their own. Should I be concerned?

Query: Hi doctor, In the last two weeks, I have been to the ER and urgent care for this issue, and it does not seem to be resolving on its own. Earlier, I was on a long run (7 miles) when I had a series of consistent heart flutters that lasted about five to ten seconds. I stopped running and made an appoi...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Sorry about your symptoms. I understand your concern. You are getting occasional attacks of palpitations. These are very common in young, healthy individuals in your age group. The majority of the time, they are not harmful and go away with lifestyle modifications l...  Read Full »

I have had issues with my mental health, and now I have weird sensations in my heart. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had weird sensations with my heart occasionally for almost a year now. It feels like my heartbeat goes out of rhythm (slow and hard beats, which are very noticeable). I had issues with my mental health, especially last winter, with mostly anxiety and stress. I still fight daily,...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Based on your symptoms, it is evident that you suffer from occasional palpitations. Unfortunately, they can be worrying. Palpitations are often benign, especially in people of your age. When associated with heart disease, palpitations often come with other symptoms s...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.